amylou321
5 years ago

The bad news is my dryer is broken.
The good news?

Comments (28)

• amylou321
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I finally found a use for that huge oddly and randomly placed pot hanging rack thing in the middle of my kitchen. Bright side baby!!!

• Related Discussions

good news bad news funny news

Q

Comments (1)
    What a funny story CI. You might try picking up a few pullets from a feed store this spring or at a poultry swap or auction. The blue/green eggs are the coolest thing! I haven't got any pink layers but can only imagine the thrill. I do have one that lays a deep dark brownish pink though. I just love the different colors. -Sheila
    ...See More

link for Inspiration Album

Q

Comments (36)
    Hi Karen, Here is the link to my photobucket album. My photos are in the "Garden Pictures" link. Thanks for the inspiration album - it certainly is an inspiration and so are you. Great job!! Sherril http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/hh295/sherril_2008/ Here is a link that might be useful: Sherril's Garden pictures
    ...See More

What's your favorite snap bean?

Q

Comments (7)
    Natal, I planted a bush bean which I think was Festinas or Festiva a couple of years age. They were describe as being the healthiest bean going. They were very good and very juicey. They snap real easy but so do the bushes. Harvest with care. I noticed you mentioned black Valentine. How did they turn out. I'm planting them in my fall garden a few weeks from now. Thanks in advance for any info. "gene"
    ...See More

Prayers, positive thoughts, good wishes....

Q

Comments (51)
    I am keeping Kate and family in my thoughts for a successful procedure and improvement. I'm pleased to hear about the Mars Family picking up the tab. Their charitable foundation spreads good will to others around the world, it's nice that they're helping one of their own "family" too.
    ...See More
  • eld6161
    5 years ago

Haha, you should share this in the Smiles thread.

amylou321 thanked eld6161
  • amylou321
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Eld,this picture makes me cringe,not smile.I REALLY want to paint the top half of my kitchen pink to match the bottom. But mr. Fuddy Duddy wont budge.:( I hate brown walls.

• OutsidePlaying
    5 years ago

And it’s not winter!

amylou321 thanked OutsidePlaying
  • OklaMoni
    5 years ago

I don't even own a dryer. All my laundry is dried outside...

of course, I don't wash a load on a rainy day..

:)

Moni

amylou321 thanked OklaMoni
  • pudgeder
    5 years ago

Great recovery! LOL

amylou321 thanked pudgeder
  • skibby (zone 4 Vermont)
    5 years ago

You clever thing!

amylou321 thanked skibby (zone 4 Vermont)
  • bob_cville
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Two dryers in rental units we own recently stopped heating, and our washing machine is leaking. I've diagnosed the washing machine and need to order the part, one of the dryers "fixed itself" and I'm going to diagnose the other one this evening after work.

amylou321 thanked bob_cville
  • wanda_va
    5 years ago

My dryer is working fine....the washer, not so much. Repairman was supposed to have come this morning, but they can't make it until next Monday. It is less than two years old, and this will be the second repair.

My previous washer and dryer never broke down in 33+ years!

amylou321 thanked wanda_va
  • PKponder TX Z7B
    5 years ago

So resourceful! Our dryer just stopped turning on, but fortunately hubby was able to diagnose and fix it...the thermal fuse had gone out.

amylou321 thanked PKponder TX Z7B
  • chisue
    5 years ago

Your 'pot rack' being put to good use makes me wonder what you do with it the rest of the time.

Many years ago a childhood friend and her spouse ran a salmon fishing resort in the hinterlands of Manitoba where supplies were dropped in from a prop plane. She had a 1-year-old. She rigged a pulley system to dry diapers above the wood-fired stove overnight.

amylou321 thanked chisue
  • amylou321
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I do nothing with it. It's in a stupid spot that makes it utterly useless. Until now.....

• yeonassky
    5 years ago

Tack cards or decorations to it during Christmas/Hanukkah/? times?

My pot rack doesn't fit hence it is useless too. It is now in my basement. I'll keep it in case we move at some point.

amylou321 thanked yeonassky
  • DawnInCal
    5 years ago

Now that is what I call re-purposing something that was previously useless. Good job, amylou!

Hope your dryer situation is resolved quickly, but in the meantime, you've found a workable solution. I find myself using the dryer less and less; I think they are hard on clothing.

amylou321 thanked DawnInCal
  • amylou321
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I think it's the heating element. The part won't be here until friday,so I guess I have to get used to crunchy clothes until then.

• nicole___
    5 years ago

amylou321 thanked nicole___
  • happy2b…gw
    5 years ago

You are a riot. Sorry your dryer is broken, but thanks for the laughs. You have a great attitude.

amylou321 thanked happy2b…gw
  • mamapinky0
    5 years ago

LOL. I want one of those. Haha

amylou321 thanked mamapinky0
  • User
    5 years ago

Ha Ha! That’s so funny. Maybe you can help me find the brightside of our furnace not starting. It cost us thousands and is only 2 years old. :c/

amylou321 thanked User
  • amylou321
    Original Author
    5 years ago

MamaP,I'll trade you for a working dryer.....

• OklaMoni
    5 years ago

well, la ti da on me. My washing machine refuses to spin. I have a load of sheets and other light colored stuff on the line now, dripping, guess, to water the grass?

While I knew, I had to hang dripping stuff, I went ahead and hand washed my bike clothes (I always hand-wash them) and added them to the dripping line.

Guess, I will have to figure out, how to locate the problem, and hopefully youtube will help me.

Moni

amylou321 thanked OklaMoni
  • mamapinky0
    5 years ago

Amy my washer exploded. Not joking.

The beginning of September I had a load washing. My laundry room is off the kitchen/family rooms. I heard a terrible sound as if a jet was in my house...the pictures on the family room walls were banging against the walls. ..I screamed for all the kids to stay where they were. ...the sound only lasting about 40 seconds and I approached my laundry room. ..some wall hangings were on the floor. Everything on my washer and dryer was on the floor along with a few things that fell off the upper shelf. .the floor was soaked in water...ends up that there's a few parts called counterbalance which are concrete blocks weighing 20 some pounds each....one broke loose and blew thru the bottom of the machine tearing a chunk of the washers tub with it. I've seen this a few time on the news but never in a trillion years thought it would happen to me. My washer was only 2 years old but out of warranty because I failed to buy the extended plan. Some of the folks in the laundry forum encouraged me to call Whirlpool anyway...glad I did. I spoke to three people who were all very very kind...I was ask to send photos...within that few hour phone call Whirlpool decided since what happened is classified as an explosion, a catastrophic failure they would replace my washer....they had me choose my machine which the MSRP is 1, 349.00 on the one I chose, they will cover all costs of the washer, taxes, delivery, install and remove the other washer. ..my new washer will arrive this comming Friday. They offered to send an insurance person out to assess home damages. ..I thanked them but didn't really have any home damages. I feel very fortunate that no one was hurt...it could have been much worse. I'm also fortunate Whirlpool was so good about standing up and taking responsibility for their product.

I have been using an older traditional top loader the past few weeks but will be glad to have a front loader again.

Anyway that's my washer disaster. ...LOL.

• bob_cville
    5 years ago

I just got back from looking at the dryer at the rental unit. It is a stacked combo unit the is located in a 4' by 4' hall closet with a 3 foot wide doorway. The machine is really heavy and just maneuvering it out of the closet took about a half hour.

I removed all of the panels I could and then removed an astonishing amount of lint and hair from inside the unit. I finally found the thermal cutoff, and the two thermostats, and all three measured fine. But the heating element showed as an open circuit, which I think means it is the problem.

Since I didn't have a replacement heating element with me, I couldn't fix it, And since it was blocking the hallway to the two bedrooms, I had to put it back into the closet.and reconnect everything. Now I get the joy of ordering the heating element, and going back and moving it again and dissembling it again. Although since it seems that the dryer drum has to come out to replace the heating element, and the drum has to come out of the top of the machine, it might be impossible to take the drum without moving the whole thing outside.

amylou321 thanked bob_cville
  • chisue
    5 years ago

My washer refused to spin last week when I was washing lightweight items. I'd added an old full length polyester robe just to make a full load. THAT was the culprit -- really heavy when soaking wet. I puit in the laundry tub and set the washer to rinse/drain/spin, then repeated that with just the robe. Voila!

Bob -- Our condo board sees to cleaning dryer exhaust vents annually, but I need a shop vac to suck out the lint, hair, and SAND that's inside the body of the dryer. I keep repairing this old *genuine Maytag* (2001) washer/dryer stack. I love that it washes in twenty minutes! (Pre-Energy Star) Mine is in a closet with bi-fold doors -- easy to remove those, but renters are hard on them. Can't win.

amylou321 thanked chisue
  • Annie Deighnaugh
    5 years ago

LoL!!!

amylou321 thanked Annie Deighnaugh
  • rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    5 years ago

Every once in awhile, the washer goes haywire, running all the different cycles out of order, ending up with a load of questionably clean, sodden clothes.

I just unplug it to reset everything and it's good for another several months, lol.

amylou321 thanked rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
  • mamapinky0
    5 years ago

Rhizo what washer do you have? Age?