SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathy_kelley

Oval rug in master bedroom - will this fit?

Kathy K
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

The master bedroom is 14' x 18.5'. We recently got rid of the carpet and replaced with hardwood throughout the living areas and master bedroom. Love it! I found a braided oval rug I'm in love with, hunted and found it online (here on Houzz) and ordered it. Arrived today! LOVE it! Its perfect for my style. However, I'm stumped on if I ordered the right size - and bottom line - how I can make this fit. Not sure its returnable.....

Oval rug is 9'2" x 13'2"

One end of the room is near large window where we have tv and chair with ottoman. Ignore the wall color.... Painters are on their way as we also just updated the master bedroom. Also ignore the TV cabinet - I'm replacing it with something else...(ideas?) P.S. the colors are more intensive on the screen than in person. The greens are sage - softer than appears on the screen. Green seems to always be funky on screens!

Do I turn the oval rug the same direction as the bed? How far goes under and how much sticks out? Or do I turn is perpendicular to the bed so more hangs out on the sides (yet almost touches the walls - I tried this in the empty space as I unrolled). Yes, the rug is folded. I'm here alone and wanted to figure this out before getting the pad in place and getting the rug under the bed.....

Thoughts or help? Thanks in advance!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County