SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ingrid_vc

The Saga of the Master Bedroom Continues

ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

We recently bought a hand-knotted rug for the TV room (and also one for the front room but that's another story), which meant that the venerable Karastan rug that resided there had to go somewhere else. I had hoped a friend would take it but she had also recently bought a new rug. My husband (or was it me?) decided we could try it in the bedroom and he loved it there and wanted to keep it. Since he's recently been diagnosed with a rare and serious autoimmune brain disease I'm not about to refuse any of his wishes if I can help it. I tried to make the rug work and came up with these two permutations. Your input on what else I can do to make this work is appreciated but please be kind. The rug is staying no matter what, and so are the headboard and bedding. We have major expenses coming up so ingenuity is what I'm really seeking. I realize the rug is not centered but that will be fixed.

I ditched the yellow pillows and tried for a match with the blue in the rug

I then tried reddish pillows and these were all I had. I would of course look for a matching pair in a more burgundy tone. I also added a large painting with reddish tones in it that my husband painted.

Just thought I'd show off the new rug in the TV room. In reality the rug has darker and richer colors.

Comments (51)