SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
holly_kurtz

Help! Bedroom saga continues

Holly- Kay
9 years ago

So the easy part of my bedroom is finished and after a brief hiatus I am ready to start the rest, which I dread.

The master bedroom is small (16x14) and I have never minded because I don't spend many waking hours there. It does cause the decorating to be a challenge to say the least.

When walking into the bedroom there is a half wall that creates an entry into the bedroom and also creates the alcove where the head of the bed is. I love the cozy feel the alcove gives the room.

The wall opposite the bed wall is now my focus. There is one window on that wall but I have a lot crammed into that space. I have a large clothes press diagonally in the corner, an antique sewing machine cabinet, my DM's fireside chair and a tall chest of drawers.

I know I should eliminate the chair, the sewing cabinet or both but I don't want to part with either so I am hoping that you all will work your magic and give me suggestions on a different layout. The change on this wall will only include curtains and shutters or other window treatments and re-arranging the furniture.

If you have read to this point I would love suggestions on window treatments and the arrangement of furniture. I will post pictures that I hope will help all of you to see the challenges of this small room.

First pic is the bed wall that is finished except to add a few pillows to the bed.

Comments (13)