SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
odessaquilts

The Minister's Retirement Quilt ... and the saga continues

odessaquilts
14 years ago

Well, some of you know about my minister's plan to retire. "So?" you ask. We decided to make her an album quilt as a farewell gift. We wanted photos on it, and as many autographs as we could get. Six weeks (or so) later, and this is what we ended up with:

This is what the full quilt looks like:

And here is a close-up of the border quilting my friend Julie did on it:

This is what she quilted around the center photo (it's a picture of our minister with a butterfly on her head at a local public gardens with butterfly habitat):

And finally, what one of the signature blocks looks like:

Less than a week before we were going to give it to her, she decided to rescind her retirement for the time being and re-evaluate in 6 months. Regardless, we gave the quilt to her anyway, just to show her how much we love her. The reaction was awesome. She pointed at her picture in the center and said, "and look! There's a fat lady in the middle of it!" (She recently broke an ankle -- don't ask! -- and part of the recuperation was successful in helping her to lose some weight.)

Well, let's just say that "life is good" around here.

Thanks everyone for all your encouragement when I had questions about how to print photos on fabric, etc. You guys are great!

Odessa

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus