SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maria101

remodeling master bathroom with beadboard/wainscoting

maria101
5 years ago

Hi :) where do I start ?? My husband and I made our very own vanity (13' wall) from our antique french provincial bedroom set (dresser and tall boy (?)....that was fun :-) We also made our very own large/deep medicine cabinets which sink into the wall 3" and extends 2" out. The paint colors you see are just base coats so please ignore that...though I'm up for paint color ideas too.

Both of us like the old/vintage/colonial style...I also like a little shabby chic...here and there :-)

Our home exterior is also colonial style...with a long porch that extends the same length of our home. We are using beadboard/wainscoting on all 3 walls...going 65" upward...see picture attached. The room itself (not including the shower/toilet room) measures 13'x11'...with 10' ceiling. If you look to the left of the vanity picture...the opening above is for our shower...which was the main problem from the beginning...it needed better ventilation so we decided on leaving an opening above and do something decorative/molding/iron maybe ?? the exhaust fan was not enough. We decided on the beadboard/wainscoting from a picture I found and fell in love with the look...so that's what we started with this past weekend. I'm somewhat stuck on options/ideas on what to do above the beadboard. The wall texture is ugly...having someone to come out and retexture the walls are out of their minds...too expensive ! Also, on the connecting wall (11' wall) to the right of the vanity has a huge mirror that I don't want to tear down...it measures 54" w x 42" h the old ugly trim was removed...so it's just the mirror right now.

I know what we like as far as style/looks....I'm somewhat clueless on what to do next to create a beautiful and breathless master bathroom. I welcome your ideas/suggestions on anything and everything you can think of. I just want to take a deep breath and exhale with ease and just get lost

in the beauty of it all...or am I just dreaming ? :)

Comments (11)