SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gailbelgard39

Soaking tub and shower in the same large frameless glass enclosure

gail
5 years ago

I am remodeling a master bath and am considering placing a large soaking tub in the same enclosure as the shower. Currently, the bathroom is 12' X 12' and includes, 2 sinks, a shower, a built in soaking tub, and a fully enclosed toilet area. I want to keep these features, including the fully enclosed toilet area, but will probably change to a stand alone tub, rather than a built-in. I can expand the space by taking in an adjacent make-up alcove which is 12' X 4'. On houzz I have seen only a few photos of bathrooms with a soaking tub and 1 or 2 shower heads adjacent to the tub in the same frameless enclosure. So I'm wondering: 1) Since this arrangement is rarely used, is it something that many folks dislike? Would it decrease the value of my home or make resale more difficult? 2) The space I have for the master bath, even including the 12' X 4' addition, is not huge. I think that putting the tub and shower in one enclosure at the end of the 12' X 16' room would make it look less choppy than having a large shower enclosure, a separate soaking tub outside of the enclosure, a fully enclosed toilet area, plus a long counter with 2 sinks. Your thoughts? 3) In the plan I envision, the shower and tub would be together at the far end of the room in an area about

4 1/2' X 12' and would be the focal point. (The tub would be catty-cornered. ) The shower might have 2 heads on adjacent walls opposite the tub. Would it be a bit unpleasant to take a shower in such a large area because it would not heat up as well as a small shower area would? Or would it eventually heat up well, but take a long time to do so, rendering taking a shower a lengthy undertaking and a waste of water? I would appreciate advice.

Comments (6)