SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jami_vargs

Please Help :( Fiddle leaf root rot? pest? underwater? all?

Jami vrgz
5 years ago
My struggle with my baby fiddle leaf tree: I bought this small fiddle leaf tree (10”) and the same day I brought it home I watered it :( a week after that I watered again :((. First time I brought it I noticed some tiny white dots (like dust) around the base of the bottom leaves but I didn’t know what it was and I still don’t know what it is (mealy bugs are bigger or these ones are just baby mealy bugs). After the second time I watered the tree I started noticing brown spots around the edge of bottom leaves and the white power like spread to top base leaves. 3rd week after doing some reading I took the plant out the nursery pot to let the soil dry and cut away the brown spots, I started cleaning the white powdery with alcohol (and sprayed once with a mix of neem but odor is too strong). I also noticed the underside of the bottom leaves are full of tiny brown dots but you can’t see them in the other side of the leaf.

Current state: I haven’t watered the tree for a month, a few more brown spots appeared but stopped growing and some are turning dry (not dark black, like a piece of dried leaf, kind of white?)
The leaves have started drooping, stem is brown, the white powdery stuff keeps appearing and one bottom leaf is turning yellow. I have the tree by the east window.

Is that white powdery stuff eating my tree? Is the root still damaged? Should I change the soil and put it a new nursery pot? Or keep it with the same soil and water it?

I have tried to fix my initial overwater mistake but at this point I don’t know what should I do.
Ps. The picture of the stem was around the 2nd week, after the white powdery reached it turned brown. I try to keep the white powder under control but it keeps appearing.

Any advice is very much appreciated, Thank you very much.
J

Comments (6)