SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
g8trgirl5

Please, help me care for my Fiddle Leaf Fig!

g8trgirl5
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hello!

I bought my first Fiddle Leaf Fig about a month ago. It had what I'd consider damaged leaves from 'wear and tear'. Since bringing him home he has lost about 7 leaves (most were already damaged), but I have noticed new browsing on the leaves. I may have been overwatering him and I am definitely being more careful. I have him in a brightly lit room in front of and east facing window. My question is in regards to the stalks, I think there are actually 3 separate plants and not one. He was seriously root bound and I did repot him a week ago. When doing so, I did as little 'disturbance' to him as possible. Basically, I put him in a slightly bigger pot and added soil around and under his existing soil. I am in Florida and I've read to only repot in the spring, so I didn't want to cause trama when repoting, therefore I didn't disturb the roots. I'm beginning to wonder if indeed there are 3 separate plants, that they may be competing for resources? Should I try to separate the individual stalks, if so when? I will note that since bringing home, about 4 new leaves have emerged. I have added pictures in the comments. Thank you for any advice you can give.

Comments (8)