SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
leigh_maslij

Two Perfectly Heathy Fiddle Leaf Figs not growing at all. Help!

Leigh Maslij
6 years ago

Hi there!

I just found this forum and think it's amazing! So many useful tips :) Would really love some help on this issue if anyone knows! We currently have two fiddle leaf figs, neither of them are big (around 2 foot tall). I have two questions about these and will outline them below.

Some helpful tips

• Weather Conditions: Dry heats. The cold season generally lasts up until the last month of Spring
  • Fiddle Fig Locations: Brightly lit room with indirect sunlight in Spring-Autumn. In the bathroom for humidity with a very bright filtered roof light during Winter.

1) Fiddle Fig One

We have had this guy for around 9-10 months (along with a second one purchased some time before but with the same problem) and were experiencing a good amount of growth at the start before winter. It started growing it's last leaf and stopped during the colder months (understandably). But now Spring has passed and we're into the first month of summer and haven't seen any growth whatsoever. He looks very healthy + lush, in a well lighted room and water only when the soil is dry 2 inches below.

The only movement we've seen on the stem is as if it looks like a leaf is about to come through (we can see a little bit of green popping out) and all of a sudden it just turns brown + dry and the stem grows right through. There have been one or two times that a leaf has grown a tiny bit (1cm) and then fallen right off. I've uploaded some photos below.

Does anyone know why there is stunted growth? It seems like no one else has this problem on a healthy plant.

2) Fiddle Fig 2

This one is just more of a curiosity question, this is about the first fiddle fig we bought almost two years ago. He is a very small guy and his leaves are smaller than any other fiddle fig I've seen. Is there any reason why the leaves are so small? Is it because he's just in an infancy stage?

Any insight would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Comments (12)