SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
disilvestre

Should I paint the fireplace??? (and any other help is appreciated!)

Struggling with my family room The fireplace seems dated to me. The house is dark so I'm tempted to paint the brick a similar color as the walls. I believe the walls in every room in the house are Benjamin Moore, Navajo White. (That way I don't stress over paint colors) I don't do color well so I tend to do everything neutral anyway. Perhaps add a big wooden block mantle?

The only thing in this room I like is the horse picture over the fireplace. I was thinking about putting the TV above the fireplace, but I don't want the TV being the focal point. If I want to leave it like this, the couch is too big. No room on either side for an end table! Hate the little table blocking the fireplace too, but again no room for tables or lamps! I may be able to put the TV to the right of the doors with a very narrow console under it, but it semi-blocks the window. This room is probably best without a TV, but I have been overruled!

Again, all help is greatly appreciated. I added some kitchen pics too just so you have an idea of the room adjacent to the family room. It is a step down family room.

Comments (8)