SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
westerjs

Any suggestions for engineered hardwood floors w/ 3mm wear layer

We are having a new home built on slab and the homebuilder installs Forest Accents engineered hardwood floors standard that have a 1.5-2mm wear layer and are 5" wide. I'd like to upgrade to a thicker wear layer so that in several years I can refinish them at least 1 time. I'm also looking for planks that are least 6" wide and would prefer longer planks if it fits in my price range. The builder says his floors are approx $4.25 per square foot and I'm looking to keep ours at $6.00 per square foot or less. He told us to go to Floor and Decor, but I am not seeing anything there with a suitable wear layer. We have a 70 lb. golden doodle and 3 teenage children, so I need something relatively sturdy. I've looked online and have seen something from Hurst floors that could work, but I would love to see if anyone has any other suggestions of flooring similar to what I'm looking for. I went to a local flooring store and the products that they had there that fit what I'm looking for ranged from $9.00 and up. Am I expecting too much for the price range I'm trying to stay in???

Comments (6)