SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valentine55677

Basement water damage now has me thinking about some changes...

Jenn TheCaLLisComingFromInsideTheHouse
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I had a pipe blockage that led to water damage in my finished basement, now that everything is dry and we're looking at the process of repair/renovate/restoring things which has me thinking...do we really want/need to have carpet at all down there? Previously there was carpet in the family room area and the third bedroom that I use as my home office/craft room, but everything else had LVP. With kids and a dog, it would be a lot less to clean if there was just LVP throughout the entire basement level, despite the cold winters we have here. And if it's too cold I can always get cheap rugs that won't cost a lot, right? The estimates we've gotten for the insurance company would have to be modified but the LVP is less expensive than the carpet that we'd had down there before so it's basically a matter of letting the contractors know and them recalculating that based on the change. I like having less to vacuum and kids/dog messes are super easy to clean up when they're on the LVP instead of carpet!

Comments (10)