SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rjinga

Ideas for repairing some water damage?

14 years ago

I posted this on the woodworking forum, sorry if I'm breaking the cardinal rule of CROSS POSTING!! But I know you ladies (and gents) on this forum, know EVERYTHING and I am certain, someone will come up with a smart, creative idea to help me.

The plan is to strip (updated, I've mostly stripped the top and 3 or 4 layers of paint!! and it's looking like notty pine or something like that, might be kinda pretty just ah natural), sand and paint and add new hardware to this old cabinet, it's nothing special, but I'd like to fix it up. Depending on how it turns out, it might make it into my hall of fame at my new and upcoming booth in the antique mall.

Any ideas/suggestions on how to fix this water damamged side area? I thought maybe some wide molding on both ends? I realize that will change the look of it and it would lose the curved sides, but maybe that's not overall a big deal? And would it be worth the effort to replace this backing where there is a small hole or just try to patch it somehow and paint over it?

I guess while we are at it, any thoughts on the drawer that has a chunk missing? can this be fixed somehow too? (by a novice, with lots of time on her hands and some basic power tools?? the nail is going to be removed, if PO had just used a screw driver, the door would have stayed put!!

thanks for looking

{{!gwi}}

Comments (5)