SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
saundralstewart70

Grateful for any advice regarding my new home office....

Saundra Stewart
5 years ago
After 30 years in my industry I have been offered the job of a lifetime! My new role will allow me the flexibility of working from home and I couldn’t be more excited. Although this is a blessing, it is also terrifying. I need help in creating a lovely , PRODUCTIVE space where I can be at my disciplined -cheerful best.

I am thinking I would like to paint one accent wall a nice blue, potentially BM AF-530 Lucerne blue ( blue supposedly represents productivity-and it flows with the rest of my house). My guess would be the wall left of the window, not sure?

The room is approx 10’x 11’ I have a stainless and glass top desk about the length of the window - 5ft. , a white leather-stainless office chair, a 6ft off white linen sofa sleeper (shown in my hall on its side) and gray-black Flor carpet squares for my rug.
—the wine fridge shown in pics will be moved out of this room

I would be grateful for help with the following:
Which wall do I paint as accent wall? ( I don’t think I can paint them all -too dark)
Which wall do I position the desk on? Or does it go against a wall at all? (Looking out window direct or from a side wall?)
Where does the sofa go?
What else should I know or do with the space?
I have a collage of 6 paintings-etchings I would like to hang on the painted accent wall...thoughts?
Thank you ! Warm regards, Saundra

Comments (19)