SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nancyinri

While Awaiting Plans-Contemplating Kitchen Choices and Colors

NewEnglandgal
5 years ago

Forgive me ahead of time as I seem to be all over the place in trying to narrow down some choices for my kitchen theme. I have been looking (and looking and looking) at kitchens and color schemes for awhile.

Like another poster here, I find the thought of making so many choices for a new home daunting and it gets worse as I age. I cannot seem to make up my mind. How does everyone know what they want with so many choices?

I know what I do not like but not sure what I really want in the end.

I like the cabinet colors in this kitchen........

and this one too.

The cabinets in the first picture are more tan color. I am not sure if I like a more cream/ tan color or white better with the blue. I think I am leaning towards white but that could change. The tan seems more warm but the white looks cleaner and brighter. Our cabinets will be shaker style.

Secondly, other than possibly for cabinets, I am not a fan of tan and definitely not beige.

What color quartz (we will be choosing from Cambria quartz) would go with the upper picture that are not gold, tan or beige? I do not want plain white.

I am also looking at subway tiles for the backsplash and I like these below but realize they would only go with the white/blue cabinets.

My kitchen will be an L shape with a rectangular island and the kitchen will be situated in the front of the home on the north side so will not have a ton of light.

Just looking for ideas and thoughts. I figure if I have a general idea that will help.

I did a big kitchen renovation in order to sell my previous home this past winter so I have been through this before but I picked out colors that were neutral to appeal to buyers.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions or ideas.

Comments (24)