SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kim_s_elliott

Kitchen remodel - Do my color/counter/floor choices go together?

Kim L
5 years ago
We are in the middle of remodeling our kitchen and wanted to get opinions so we don't end up with a kitchen that doesn't match! We are doing Ikea cabinets with Scherrs unfinished doors and painting them ourselves. Doing the whole project ourselves (mostly my husband, I'm just the painter). Here are the choices we've made so far, and as I'm starting to paint the island, Is like to get some opinions!

Counters: Caesarstone symphony gray from Ikea.
Cabinets: BM Simply white
Island: Behr Shipwreck (darker blue with a hint of green)
Walls: Behr Garden Vista (light/medium gray/green/blue)
Floors: Tarket Grande sheet vinyl in brown/taupe (definitely open to changing this)

Questions: Is Simply White too warm/yellow to go with grays and blues? We originally planned the countertop to be symphony gray on the perimeter and island but I'm wondering if white would be better on the island? The dark blue and gray combo seems a little dreary, but not sure if different countertops would make the kitchen too busy (I don't want white countertops on the white perimeter cabinets). Is the floor too golden? it's the flooring we already have, and although we do need to replace it since we are changing the layout, it's also in the entry, mudroom, and bathroom so it would be easier to keep the same thing (and I kind of like the practicality of sheet vinyl - it's squishy to stand on and so easy to clean - or not clean and not worry about it!).

Comments (12)