SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chrissy0874

Stay away from Electrolux products!

chrissy0874
5 years ago

In my previous home, I purchased an Electrolux gas cooktop and matching double oven. Within a couple of years, the black markings that identified which knobs correspond to the burners were 70% worn out. It started to look bad. I contacted Electrolux and they said I could buy a replacement stainless top piece for hundreds of dollars and refused to give any discount whatsoever.

Fast forward, I moved to a 2 story house. Electrolux washers were highly recommended for second story home so I went ahead and purchased the washer and dryer despite my hesitation with personal previous experience with this manufacturer. A few days after installation, I did laundry for the first time. The washer seemed to work ok, but the dryer had no heat. Call Electrolux and waited 1 week for a repair company to come out under warranty. It was diagnosed that the dryer has a defective thermoster, it will take 7-10 days to order the part, then schedule to have the repair guy come back to install the working thermoster.

I was furious that Electrolux sold me a defective product, but refused to send a replacement immediately and made me wait weeks. I took the dryer back to Home Depot after 10 days and got a refund.

This is a warning that Electrolux manufacturer is very indecent when it comes to customer service and I advise all consumer to stay away from them. I know I will!

Comments (18)