SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elleewa

Does your washer rinse your clothes? If so PLEASE tell me which one

elleewa
5 years ago

We've had this Electrolux for about 5 years. Seems they are still getting rave reviews. How, I do not know. Doesn't everyone stand by the washer with a flashlight? I'm sick of doing so. I've gone so far as to bleach washer, run clean load until no suds, bleach washer again, run load with a pathetic amount of detergent (and I've tried them all). It's either detergent crunch or pit stink. I would like to not have either. I know the jam about build up, washing the washer, dosing etc. Our water is in the middle, definitely not hard. 1 Tblsp of detergent won't leave suds, but it will leave stink.

I will spare the details of how my engineer husband has gotten more water to the wash, but it doesn't trick the rinse cycle, which is the problem. I'm tempted to let him have at it, but was worried to be stuck without one if something happened.

Do all front loaders rinse the same? I've watched entire cycles. The rinse sprays on the load while tumbling. And not even a good spray. It's akin to rinsing your car with a squirt bottle. It's really hard on my clothes washing them several times in a row to get the soap out.

It seems all of the market hype for washers is "this washer will wash 10000000 pounds of ketchup and mud drenched clothes and they will come out sparkling." We don't even have stained clothes, and no small kids. I also don't wash massive loads because we have so much sorting to do. Lots of dance clothes, active wear shirts, etc. But I dislike those things sitting around so I wash smaller loads frequently. We mostly have sweaty clothes, not stains.

I have a budget to buy a new washer, but I don't know what to get. I'd like to be able to wash a duvet, but on average I don't deal with a lot of large loads.

Help?

Comments (15)