SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amanda_slamm

This improvement is annoying and what does your garden grow

agmss15
5 years ago

Hi all - This is partly a test.

I have been an often off and back on again GW member for a long time - only more recently on the Home side. I have seen several changes of ownership. This newest iteration is really hard to negotiate. I hope GW survives and I adjust to the changes because while I don’t visit all the time I find the resource and community valuable.

Between marauding raccoons, a serious lack of rain and chilly nights I am very late getting my garden in. Plus my sister and I finally bought our late father’s home (and land) where her family plans to camp out for the summer. I am putting in a garden there but there is minimal plumbing.

I was wondering what everyone harvesting already and if anyone planted anything new. I started some miscellaneous greens (kale, mustard and Asian mix) from old seed which I have been harvesting handfuls of for a few weeks.

A few new plants I am trying this year are -

Shishito - a Japanese frying pepper

Hablitzia - a perennial climbing spinach relative. Supposedly the spring shoots and the leaves are good.

Kalettes - I read about these years ago and have been intrigued. I finally got to Johnny’s to buy the seed. They are a cross between Brusselsprouts and Kale. The ’sprouts’ are baby kales. It comes with three varieties Autumn Star, Snowdrop and Mistletoe.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH