SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
originalpinkmountain

The "B" dress: latest report on wedding dress shopping.

l pinkmountain
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I'm not trying to hog the board, really I'm not! I just know I like it when folks follow up a query with how it all turned out IRL. I totally understand if the result is: "I got the flu and went with a store bought cake to grandma's birthday party." or "The car died and we had to skip getting new kitchen counters." So in that vein, here is my progress on my wedding dress. I found something that "will do." It's like a "B" wedding dress. And as I tell my students, "B" means "Good!" It's going to allow me to spend more time on some other things besides perusing online stores, packing and unpacking dresses and trip$ to the post office to send them back. I've probably tried on a dozen things so far. AND, if the "A" dress comes along, I can still go with it because this "B" one is very inexpensive. In fact, if I had waited a while I could have gotten it for 40 bucks!

So here's the dress. It's a little large because I had to order it in a size 14 instead of my size 12, but both SO and I think it doesn't scream "too big" on me. I can also have it tailored and altered. It checks a lot of my boxes--it's got color, it's lacy and flouncy enough to say "boho wedding" but it's not so out-there that it will embarrass me ten years later, and being a short dress it highlights my legs which are one of my better features. The lacy outer covering has holes for ventilation. If it is chilly I have a fringey white shawl I can wear. And I have two pairs of dress shoes already I can wear with it plus an heirloom ivory necklace that was my mom's, and a pair of her earrings. The downside is it is polyester, and I have been wearing a couple of other poly dresses, and even the sleeveless ones make me hot because they don't breathe up around my upper body. But I think the church or at least the reception room is air conditioned so I don't think I will have to worry. I'm also toying with ripping out the poly shift part underneath the lace and pairing it with a cotton slip dress if I can find one. Note: it is not as short on me as it is on the model.

Gotta post a link because I can't capture the photo. Not really time for me to take a photo of me in it.

https://www.jcpenney.com/p/r-k-originals-34-sleeve-floral-lace-shift-dress/ppr5007469510?pTmplType=regular

Comments (34)