SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eld6161

Wedding dress(es) chatter....Paris Hilton

eld6161
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

The fourth time was charm. After being engaged four times, Paris finally got married.

One wedding dress, three reception dresses.

I like the elegance of the wedding dress. The second two are okay. The short one is too young looking for forty year.

What do you think of her choices? And, my goodness, four dresses!

Comments (31)

• deegw
    2 years ago

The dress in the first pic is great. My engaged DD likes the Oscar De Le Renta fern lace wedding dress and has been looking for toned down knockoffs. But now that Paris Hilton has worn ODL I suspect she'll look for another style. The other three are "fine".

Ivy Getty's wedding happened recently as well. It was ... a lot.

eld6161 thanked deegw
  • Sueb20
    2 years ago

I don’t like the (turtle)neck of the wedding dress but otherwise I think it’s pretty. Can’t imagine changing 3 times during a reception! What if she missed the chicken dance??

eld6161 thanked Sueb20
  • Sueb20
    2 years ago

Just realized the chicken dance might be a regional or generational phenomenon, so for your viewing pleasure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKIpcNe-vS4

eld6161 thanked Sueb20
  • Jilly
    2 years ago

Love the first dress, and really like the third. The other two are meh to me.

Of course she can wear anything and look great! Curious what this wedding cost.

eld6161 thanked Jilly
  • Jilly
    2 years ago

Sue, that’s hilarious! I’ve never heard of the chicken dance. 😄

• hhireno
    2 years ago

I’ve never heard of the chicken dance

You‘ve lived a charmed life.

eta: curse you SueB for putting that ear worm in my brain!

eld6161 thanked hhireno
  • deegw
    2 years ago

Ahh, the chicken dance. It's like wedding crack. The music starts and no one can resist even though they know they'll regret it.

eld6161 thanked deegw
  • bpath
    2 years ago

I think the second one is so sweet! The fourth one looks like they took my wedding dress, chopped off the skirt, and added back the 4 layers of tulle I'd had removed. I loved my wedding dress and I still smile when I see it. The only change I made for the reception was lower heels.

eld6161 thanked bpath
  • dedtired
    2 years ago

Never heard of the chicken dance. i like all but the short dress. Some wedding dresses are just not meant for dancing, so it could make sense to change for the reception. Whatever happened to the ”going away” suit? The bride would change into a pretty suit after the reception and she and her husband would leave for their honeymoon, in a car with tin cans tied to the bumper. My sister did that.

The reception would then continue without them! i remember when it raised eyebrows for the new couple to stay to the end of the reception, but some didnt want to miss the party.

eld6161 thanked dedtired
  • OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

I like them all in some way but 4 dresses!? The ODL ’main’ dress is beautiful and my favorite. I agree that a shorter dress for dancing makes perfect sense.

eld6161 thanked OutsidePlaying
  • jojoco
    2 years ago

I dont really care for any of them. The second one is better than the others imo.

eld6161 thanked jojoco
  • Tina Marie
    2 years ago

I'm not crazy about any of them. I don't care for the high neck on the first one and the second two she's spilling out of (surprise, surprise!) and the last one is too flirty? young?

No chicken dance here either.

eld6161 thanked Tina Marie
  • palimpsest
    2 years ago

Her posture is odd.

eld6161 thanked palimpsest
  • mtnrdredux_gw
    2 years ago

I like the first one very much. The second? I would like it if I should never see an off the shoulder bridal dress again (and I had one!). Especially on anyone who is falling out of it, for heck's sake. Third one is Vegas-y. I like short but the last one is silly.

eld6161 thanked mtnrdredux_gw
  • Lars
    2 years ago

Her feet look really big (maybe they are) in the short dress, but it might be the angle of the photograph. I like that dress as a dress, but not especially as a wedding dress. The good thing is that it could be worn again.

I think she looks best in the first dress.

ETA: I looked it up, and she wears size 11 shoes! I wear size 7 men's and size 9 in women's, and so her feet are way bigger than mine, and I'm half an inch taller than she is.

eld6161 thanked Lars
  • OllieJane
    2 years ago

I love the wedding dress (first one) and don't care for any of the others. I don't like the way she styled her hair.

eld6161 thanked OllieJane
  • Tina Marie
    2 years ago

@deegw you are so funny! (You too Lars - her feet hahaha!)

My wedding dress was a bit too low, but I loved the dress so much. I am somewhat busty, so the bridal shop sewing lady was able to add a bit of fabric/lace to bring the neckline up just enough. Beautiful!

Our ceremony was performed by a clergyman and there is a point in the service where the couple kneels on a prayer bench. You are facing the clergy. He stands while you are kneeling. It's a few moments of silence (other than a song that was sung). That whole time I was wondering if the pastor could see down my dress! LOL Actually, the neckline did not gap, so now (almost 40 years later), I realize that even if he could, he would only get a glimpse, not an eye-full!!

eld6161 thanked Tina Marie
  • cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    2 years ago

I like the bodice of the fourth one best, but the skirt looks like she should be a dancing snowflake in the Nutcracker.

eld6161 thanked cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
  • Sueb20
    2 years ago

Since we’re being picky…I don’t like the hairdo at all.

• nini804
    2 years ago

I wish I could see them all better! She looks gorgeous in the first dress! She looks like her mom in the 3rd dress. The second one reminds me a lot of my dress in the nineties (definitely wasn’t that low cut, though though!) The last one is not cute. If you wanted a short, fun dress, I feel certain there were a TON of other options.

eld6161 thanked nini804
  • Allison0704
    2 years ago

Went to read about the weddings, and this article popped up first. I like his writing style. LOL

Off to read what they have to say about Ivy's wedding (where no one was m@sked). Guessing they weren't at Hilton's nuputals either. (FYI, I read the article on my cell phone and it didn't ask me to create an account, but does on my laptop. GGgggrrrrrr)

eld6161 thanked Allison0704
  • rubyclaire
    2 years ago

Really like the first one on her. Side note...saw an interview with her mother Kathy Hilton and she looks like she had some beautiful "work" done.

eld6161 thanked rubyclaire
  • woodrose
    2 years ago

I think the wedding dress is gorgeous. Reminds me of Grace Kelly's wedding dress, elegant and tasteful. It's very refreshing to see a woman in a wedding dress that doesn't have her boobs falling out. On the other hand, I don't like her hairdo, or any of the other dresses.

• terezosa / terriks
    2 years ago

None of the dresses wow me, and it is silly to change 3 times for one wedding!

Did any of you ever watch "Say Yes to the Dress?" Some of the dresses on that show could best be described as "Fairy Princess Stripper" dresses. Low cut fronts and backs, lots of sheer insets, etc.

This episode from the British version of the show has a good example

https://youtu.be/nSosNiZEzOM?t=173

eld6161 thanked terezosa / terriks
  • terezosa / terriks
    2 years ago

Here's another example

eld6161 thanked terezosa / terriks
  • mtnrdredux_gw
    2 years ago

LOL, Terri my girls and used to like it but it has gotten too trashy to watch.

• palimpsest
    2 years ago

Her reception lasts three days, so there will be lots of costume changes.

eld6161 thanked palimpsest
  • texanjana
    2 years ago

I like Paris’ first dress, the other three are nothing special IMO. I can’t believe she’s 40!

eld6161 thanked texanjana
  • Lars
    2 years ago

Terriks, that is a particularly hideous dress. It looks like a white merry widow with hoop skirt that has Kleenex glued onto it. It reminds me of some bad Project Runway projects.

FSR, I cannot make myself watch an entire episode of Say Yes to the Dress.

eld6161 thanked Lars
  • arcy_gw
    2 years ago

We LOVED the chicken dance when we first were allowed at wedding dances. The caption says "at least four"..She must have spent more time changing than with her guests. I can't get past that she's 40!!! If you GAVE me any of them I wouldn't wear any of the ones pictured.

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH