SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
petalique

Wanted: yummy, grainy, nutty bread for Bread Machine

petalique
5 years ago

I am behind in garden and yard work (wintery April) and rushed in all directions. I am craving a healthful, nutty, grainy, low glycemic index/low simple carbs bread that I can toast for breakfast with my coffee. (I'd prefer croissants, but have been advised to go in the opposite direction. Drat.)

I'd like to "dump" bake -- add ingredients like a bit of AP flour, some whole grain flour, yeast a d other goodies to the Bread Machine. I have no allergies or sensitivities, but want to avoid the quickly metabolized carbs that I've alway enjoyed.

Maybe something like drunk-plastered wheat berries, chopped pecans or nuts, dried cranberry or cherry, a dash of dried candied GI her, toasted sesame seeds, a tang of yogurt?

Medium heft. Not the near- flavorless, 1960s hippy oak plank "Mother Earth wants to kill you" quality of healthfulness.

Can any of you fantastic cooks and bakers offer me a recipe? I forgot the make of the bread maker. It's a $7 thrift store purchase from ten years ago with buttons for thing like knead only, . ...

Thanks very much.

PS Things like molasses are okay. Even an egg or milk.

Comments (15)