SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robin_ming

Open Floor Plan Area Rug Dilemma - Statement Wallpaper and Sofa

Robin Ming
5 years ago

Hi!

so....I have this AWESOME wallpaper and a totally rad sofa. My "family room" where we spend the most time watching TV has the sofa in it. Just next to that room, we have an area that is open and contains a fireplace. This area has ALWAYS given me heart palpations because I am never certain of how to set it up exactly so that it flows with the family room and make it look like it is part of that space but still has a feel of it's own as well - do you get me?

anyway, I have a very neutral jute area rug under the green sofa which I THINK works letting the sofa and wallpaper do their thing. The BIG QUESTION....what the heck kind/style/color of area rug can I do in front of this fireplace with my chairs

that looks great, flows with the family room Jute AND pulls everything together without competing with say....the wallpaper? ANY suggestions are welcome! Nothing that is in the "fireplace room" in my photos needs to stay. Again, looking to pull everything together and what is in that space now is NOT (in my opinion) doing that!

(pay no attention to the stair carpet...that is changing soon!)

Thanks for your help all!!

Comments (8)