SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_58962921

What is Your Position on One Wallpapered “Feature Wall” in a Room?

User
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Generally, I am against such things 🤔 but I am considering doing it in a downstairs basement bedroom in our new house,

Facts:

1. Bedroom is a good size, about 14’ x 14’ with 9’ceiling. It has three windows on the same wall that look out to a nice patio and a view of the golf course beyond. There is a large walk in closet. No en-suite bath but a bathroom just outside the door in a small hall that separates this bedroom, bath and virtual reality room from the larger open living area. Bathroom is currently being renovated. Although a basement level the wall of windows on the back wall, also the back wall of the house, makes the room nice and bright.

2. This bedroom was used for leftovers of furniture and decor items that would not fit anywhere else, ID did layout using previous furniture. I have lived with the combination of a velvet sofa, double bed, old student desk, club chair and very out of place artwork for four months and cannot stand it. This is our younger son’s bedroom when he comes home. He is a gamer and usually brings his computer and own monitor down when he comes. We don’t really know how often he will be coming down because we moved right before the lockdown, but he loves the golf course and pool and gym and used them more than we did in the six months we owned the house before we moved into it. He has a lot of books that we still need/ want to store for him. The bedroom is also very suitable as a guest room. There is a large family room /sunroom with a bar with sink and beverage fridge and icemaker and a lot of privacy.

3. DD and SIL are expecting their first child in November! I am eyeing this bedroom also as a potential child‘s room and want storage for toys. The room is located across the family room from DD and SIL’s bedroom, which is huge and furnished as a bed-sitter. The crib will be in their room as long as DD is nursing.

4. I want a fresh, pretty color scheme in this room! The items already selected and on their way:

Upholstered queen bed In a light cream and wheat buffalo check. The club chair is being reupholstered in the same fabric.

on wall opposite bed, planning to use two of these step back 84” bookcases

With one of these between them, topped with a cushion in fabric TBD

The white furniture above (pottery barn, from a line called Aubrey, will be centered on one wall opposite the bed. The two bookcases flanking the 50” bench will create a good spot for tv/ monitor. I don’t want artwork on this wall But am considering wallpapering just this wall. With this paper, unless the sample shows it is wildly off in color, if so then something else TBD. or maybe something else anyway, suggestions welcomed!

Comments (72)