SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_21164925

What's For Dinner - #359

User
5 years ago

Baked a raspberry Pie before leaving for work yesterday morning.

And we had it for dessert

With whipped cream.

Comments (100)

• cathyinpa
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Have you ever had a night where you pretty much ate an entire dinner standing while you made your dinner? What you don't see in this pic are carrots, peppers, the other half of the bread (I turned it over because it is SLATHERED with butter:) and some of the chicken alfredo from yesterday. Why? Because I ate it all while I was making my salad HA! The eggs? never made it into the salad either.

These are IP eggs 5-5-5; basically, pop out of the shell.

Just a mix of lettuce, chicken, tomato and cheese at this point. Yep, honey mustard dressing topped it off.
    No Chips Ahoy left, so I ended up eating graham crackers (with chocolate chips on the side:) So, just how many calories do you burn watering plants;)?

Cathy in SWPA

• annie1992
    5 years ago

Cathy, you burned your calories doing your Mom's gardening! And yes, we had buns. I'm almost embarrassed to tell you they were those "light" 80 calorie buns. (sigh) Definitely NOT homemade....

Jasdip, I like sweet relish on a burger, and sometimes I mix some into potato salad, but that's about all. It's my Grandma's old recipe, so I can it every year for me and my son in law, we're the only ones who eat it. Fine by me, I don't run out!

I agree with you about the price of eating out, and especially the price of fast food. It's not unusual at all to spend $8 on a sandwich/fries/drink at the drive through. Of course, a latte is over $5 and a cookie from Panera Bread is $2.39. For ONE cookie. It's crazy. Elery also agrees with you, he'd far prefer to go out for breakfast than any other meal. Probably because I don't cook breakfast, LOL.

2many, I do have beans, but not fresh ones. These were beans that we grew last year, Elery's "October" beans. We shelled them and froze them in quart bags, and they cook much more quickly than dried beans do. And your beef tips look amazing.

AnnT, I'd happily eat Moe's beans and toast breakfast, when I was a child I would eat cold leftover baked beans on toast or just folded up inside bread, I've always liked beans.

Here we did not have beans, but I didn't take a picture. I've been planting tomatoes and strawberries and pear trees and getting my young pullets out of the brooder and into their "teenager" space. Elery put a pork loin in the Nesco, but he thinks it needs to cook for 5 or 6 hours, and be 230F or more, far longer than I'd cook it. He had a salad, I had the rest of the beets from a couple of nights ago. Maybe tomorrow I'll get those beans in the crockpot...

Annie

• Related Discussions

Bryant 359AAV versus 355CAV furnaces

Q

Comments (1)
    post the complete mdl number of the furnace, the evap coil, the air conditioner condenser, and thermostat quoted for each system. I believe you would get the tax credit off the furnace of either system. Bryant is quality HVAC. The three stage 355CAV would offer some operating savings over the sgl stg 359AAV. I believe that is a rather low end AC paired with 359AAV. IMO
    ...See More

should i upgrade from bryant 80% afue 312jav to 95% afue 359aav

Q

Comments (1)
    shirl what do you intend to do about AC? it was my understanding that California has a short heating season. if you intend to change out your AC, I would elect a qualifying tax credit AC condenser paired with a two stg 80% eff VS gas furnace. If you do not plan on AC, then get a qualifying tax credit 95% eff VS furnace. I personally would not have the 359AAV sgl stg furnace because of the conventional blower motor. IMO Here is a link that might be useful: Bryant Mdl 359 AAV Gas Furnace
    ...See More

What’s for Dinner #364

Q

Comments (100)
    2many, I actually am pretty good at mudding drywall. I'm slow and meticulous, but it looks good when I'm done! As for that chili dog, well, at least once every summer I go to the local A&W. They still have the carhops that come out to the car and put a tray on your window. I get a chili cheese dog and a frosty mug full of root beer. Then I'm done for a year, but that one chili dog is sure good. As for Zaxby's, we don't have them up here so I'm not familiar, but Elery had their chicken when he went to Tennessee for Aunt Etta's funeral, and he said it was actually pretty good. He had chicken every day he was there, though, and was pretty tired of it by the time he got home. It's one of those foods that you can pretty much figure isn't too unhealthy, a grilled chicken breast, LOL, so he got it every time he had to eat out. Then his sister made chicken and dumplings, and his sister in law fried chicken and there was chicken salad and, well, he came home and wanted chili! Artemis, the best advice I have is to just do it. Don't watch, be sure you get in there and do it yourself. You can watch YouTube and watch someone else and read every instruction in the world, but you really just have to do it. The first one is slow, the second one is better. By the time you're on three or four, it'll take you a couple of minutes and you'll be done. I'm assuming you are plucking by hand, I have that handy-dandy chicken plucker that Elery bought me for my birthday and it is an amazing time saver, but with seven birds, probably not worth the price. Plucking by hand takes me about 10 minutes per bird, and cleaning another 2 minutes. Scalding is a minute or so, so about 4 birds an hour. The plucker will pluck 2 chickens in less than a minute, so that's very helpful. We did 28 birds in 2 hours, packed on ice and "resting" overnight. It took longer than that to break them down and package them. I always let them sit on ice for 24 hours or so, it seems to make the birds less stringy and more tender. And don't forget to save the backs/necks for stock. Feet too, if you can get past the thought and trim the nails! Like you, I'm offended by the life animals have in the commercial food chain, and so I have to raise my own in a humane and sustainable manner. It's not for everyone, but it works for me. Annie
    ...See More

What’s for Dinner #387

Q

Comments (102)
    Shambo, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. I know he had some health issues and you were cooking low salt and healthy meals for him. I'm sending hugs and strong thoughts and prayers to your and your family. Jack, we are kindred spirits, I swear. When I make twice baked potatoes I'll make a whole sheet pan full of them, mine usually just has cheese, butter and sour cream, occasionally I'll add bacon. I freeze them and then package them usually two per package, Mother loves them and they're easy to heat up. Of course someone is always digging through my freezer to see if I have any, all of the grandkids and the kids love them and they make a fast and easy supper. Jasdip, as you know, I love potatoes in just about any form, so being able to grab a package quickly is a luxury. They are quite durable too, LOL. Neely, I have a pile of butternut squash in storage, if only I had a pile of prawns too! sleevendog, that looks pretty to me! Delicious too. No pictures here, today we had hamburgers! Tomorrow we're making sandwiches and having cake and ice cream for Madison's 9th birthday. No party this year, of course, but we bought her a hoverboard, so she'll be happy, even with just her folks and Elery and I. I baked a strawberry cake too, with sea turtles on top, her choice. I'll try to remember to take pictures, and hopefully she won't break an arm or a leg, riding the thing around the kitchen island or something... Annie
    ...See More
  • shambo
    5 years ago

Last week I made Ann T's country ribs and served them with some of the potato knishes my daughter gave me for Christmas. I cooked the meat in my Instant Pot. It really does a great job braising meats.

I also used a KAF recipe for the Perfect Rustic Loaf. But instead of a single loaf, I made burger buns. I modify the recipe in order to make it 50% whole wheat flour. I ended up with a small amount of dough left over, so I made a small boule and toasted it for my husband's breakfast the next day.

And then I experimented with upping the flavor and interest of the low sodium black olives I buy regularly for my husband. This time around, I played with the idea of an olive salad. Olives, frozen artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, minced garlic, and little fresh mozzarella pearls marinated in a salt free vinaigrette.

• cathyinpa
    5 years ago

Annie -- HA! gardening>excess calories! I did hear though you should have your hair styled when you garden;) Those hamburger buns fit the bill perfectly, and we've been known to use Schwebels bread when need be. BTW, I thought that was salsa on your hamburger, and told my son about it:) He thought it was brilliant, and you saved my overcooked "hockey pucks"! I hope you got all your plants in the ground and outdoor work to a reasonable spot. Outside there is always a lot to do, but it the best kind of "to do" IMHO.

Shambo -- I've never had a potato knish, but after looking at a recipe I think I'd be all in. And that bread has just the right amount of butter on for me. Also, I should have posted this in what DH doesn't like and I do -- olives! I'd gobble that right up.

CathyinSWPA

• 2ManyDiversions
    5 years ago

No grilling last night as it rained, so it was leftovers… but no complaints as we love the beef tips : ) Will try again tonight… pork chops, my first time to grill them. Keeping fingers crossed for a dry evening!

Cathy, yes, we are DIY’ers but also hiring some things done (cabinets and such). Renovating the kitchen and a few other rooms this time around (which I call Phase 1) as well as some exterior changes. And yes, it was incredibly exciting… during the planning phase. The demo phase is driving me insane! I think it will take us a year, but perhaps longer as we can only work on the weekends (we both have day jobs during the week) and all the subcontractors we chose are backed up. Yes to a kitchen that will work so much better for my personal needs! I am sooo looking forward to it!

I see you are in IP lover too! I rely heavily on it and am amazed at all it can do, and so well! Here’s the Beef Tips recipe that we love – I do use wine to deglaze. I add red bell peppers, and next time I’ll do a quick release halfway through, then add the onions and bell peppers, and finish in the IP again – I find the onions just melted, and the peppers overcooked by adding them at the beginning. The mushrooms held up beautifully throughout though.

“Have you ever had a night where you pretty much ate an entire dinner standing while you made your dinner?” Duh… yes! But the worst is baking cookies. Last time I made annie1992’s choc chip cookies I found it absolutely necessary to test each batch coming out of the oven. Some required additional taste tests. As they cooled completely, I was still unsure, so I ate a few more to be sure ; )

Shambo, your ribs and and bread look great, but that salad is my fav : ) I love the ingredients you used, and could eat that as my entire entrée!

Annie, I too thought that was salsa on your burger and also wanted to try it! Got that sweet relish recipe handy by chance? Wish to share it? : )

• Susan Tencza
    5 years ago

doing hotdogs and mac&cheese for dinner because the grands will be over and the eldest is a super picky eater and I want it to be a good experience for him. Will steam broccoli to go with it as both the 5 yr old and 2 yr old like it. My "fun" cooking today will be for tomorrow's dinner with friends. We started doing like a quarterly thing "tasting" different types of alcohol. Tomorrow is Rum so I am doing ribs with a peach spice rum BBQ sauce.

• sleevendog (5a NY 6aNYC NL CA)
    5 years ago

So much great comfort meals above.

Still recovering from a horrid storm. Storm Prep. Why do people wait until the last minute after so many past storms and advanced warnings? All fatalities were from fallen trees. A mother died with her 3 yr old in the back seat survived. An 11yr old died while the mother was unloading the car....

It was sunny and dead calm as I watched on radar. High winds and coal black in minutes. We prepped the night before and had easy tacos. Power went out just as dinner was ready. Used the plancha to heat my plates, (why I love a gas stove that works without electric.)

Had roasted eggplant and noodle bowl...hijiki salad and took it downstairs to wait it out. Storm ham and bean soup last night. Only lost power about 12 hours. Made a nice veg stock to keep busy. Stress reliever.

Storm recovery Ham and bean soup last night.

Bean order came in so testing a 1/2 cup of three different varieties. Cooked separate.

DH made storm stress bread. Baked when the power came on.

Phew, glad that is over!

• cathyinpa
    5 years ago

2Many -- I'm even more impressed that you and DH are DIYers! No lie. And I can see how planning would be fun and the demo could be frustrating. I've done mini renovation (way mini compared to yours) and just trying to remember where I put things while in transition made me a bit woo-woo. But what a sense of accomplishment for you two. Really. So exciting. And yes, I've had an IP for about three years and got the kiddos one. It was such a huge learning curve for me -- it was before the facebook group, blogs, etc. I've actually segregated successful IP recipes to an IP notebook:) IDK how long it took me to realize it's not how many lbs of meat but thickness, and I always keep some (~ 1/2) veg out to add at the end of some soups and stews (residual heat seems to heat almost to just the right firmness:) BTW, yep, the cheesecakes are great and so is the yogurt:) Oh, and one last thing, when I do quick release and then need to add more time, I run the lid under cold water; otherwise, I can never get the lid back on:) Not kidding, those beef tips are definitely looking like a contender. LOL re: cookies. My kind of baker 2Many!!!!!!!!

Susan -- Aw, what grandmothers won't do for their best grandkids:)? Peach spice rum bbq sauce? Report back -- very intrigued.

Sleevendog -- So sorry there was loss of life associated with this storm; glad that you and DH not only were unharmed, but also ate well. It is evident that you planned, and I'm sure that helped with some stress relief. We lost power for about three days one time, and it was HORRIBLE; now owners of a generator. I love the storm stress bread -- I bet it was delicious. Also, intrigued about the different beans -- look good.

CathyinSWPA

• cathyinpa
    5 years ago

Some of us were talking about using a salad spinner for latkes on the you know, lasagna thread LOL. This isn't a latke, but I did shred a potato, used the salad spinner and just fried it in a bit of butter. My son snagged part of it before a I could get a better pic. Then snagged all of it. Bottom line -- Salad spinner: WINNER WINNER, Potato Dinner!

Moving on. Dad had hard time eating the grilled corn -- small motor skills/Parkinson. Last year, I made corn chowder in Instant Pot, so I picked up some more today. Didn't have leeks, so I used onion/ sauteed that and garlic in pan that had the potato. I cut the corn off the cob right in the IP pot to save another dirty dish. Ready to go Manual 15 minutes (converted 2/3 recipe).
    After 15 minutes ~ 5 minutes NPR. Immersion blended right in pot.

I used this recipe Pressure Cooker Corn Soup -- Serious Eats

This is just a solid pressure cooker recipe -- easy, good, not a lot of hands on time, hard to screw up. The corn flavor is intense and fresh. It's also a great foundation for different flavor profiles. I've never used tarragon, don't bother to finely chop onions cause immersion, don't use fine-mesh strainer cause I like the corn thickness and I'm lazy. I think it would be great with a pinch of red pepper flakes or, well, BACON!!!!!

And, my Dad can have his corn on the cob, just in a different way!

CathyinSWPA

• shambo
    5 years ago

Cathy, I'd never eaten a knish until my college pal invited me to his brothers anniversary party. There was loads of homemade food, including a table piled high with his mom's knishes. It was love at first bite. I don't remember if they were potato or meat or both.

From that moment on, every time I ate at a Jewish deli, I ordered knishes, but none could compare to those homemade ones. I told the "knish" story so many times, that my daughter made me some for Christmas, and it's become sort of a tradition.

The potato knishes are a perfect side for meats with gravy. I just thaw them in the microwave and bake until browned in my toaster oven.

Your corn soup looks great. I think it's something I'd like to try.

• plllog
    5 years ago

LOL!!! Shambo, great story! A Mexican-American friend used to bring me homemade Chrismas tamales, so it's only right that you get knishes for Christmas. ;) I'm laughing so much at the memories. Knishes were a thing among the elders in my father's family (good cooks, not so much), but the younger ones wouldn't eat them. My mother thought they were appalling (knishes weren't part of her heritage which was Baltic & Middle Eastern). Many a joke was made about the "biscuits in the army" (as in one rolled off the table and killed a friend of mine). And I don't think I was ever served one. I have been served edible ones since, but nothing craveable. I'm fine with Yorkshire pudding, with the meat and gravy, though. :) They were originally a food of necessity. Nice to see them reinvented as a food of choice. :)

• annie1992
    5 years ago

Shambo, the bread looks delicious and the butter makes it even better, yum. I've never had a knish...

Cathy, I do have a friend who puts my home canned "famous" salsa on his burgers. Also on hot dogs and on pulled pork sandwiches. His idea of a dip is sour cream mixed with my salsa and guacamole is simply a mashed avocado mixed with more of the same salsa. He likes salsa, LOL. Your corn soup looks good, but those potatoes are just calling my name...

2many, I'll put the sweet relish recipe another thread. I lost that recipe and tried to recreate it for years after Grandma died. I'd nearly given up when I went to visit my Aunt LulaBelle, and she was canning sweet relish. It smelled "right" and when I tasted it I remarked that it tasted a lot like Grandma's. She laughed and told me it WAS Grandma's, that she had been given the recipe "about 20 years ago". So Grandma (my Mom's Mother) gave the recipe to Aunt LulaBelle (my Dad's sister), and it eventually came back around to me. After that I learned to write down family recipes!

Sleevendog, that must have been quite a spring storm. I also don't quite understand the "last minute" state of mind, I like to be prepared. And I can see that you are prepared for a lot of beans in the future! All of your "storm" food looks delicious.

Here I spent a whole bunch of calories working in my garden. I think everything hurts, LOL, and then Elery and I worked on the broken support beam in the bottom of the barn, just to top off our fun. (grin) I had the rare foresight of putting some beans in the crockpot, thanks to the crockpot thread, so that's what we had, bean soup and turkey sandwiches.

Annie

• dcarch7 d c f l a s h 7 @ y a h o o . c o m
    5 years ago

Wow, very nice cooking everyone! It's like Cirque du Soleil in cookery.

Still have a few morel mushrooms left.

dcarch

Morel ravioli

• cathyinpa
    5 years ago

Shambo -- I love the "knish" tradition and story behind it!!!! Who knew that your college-pal-brother's-anniversary party + "knish story" + your daughter's skillfulness = wonderful, long term dividends HA! I'm definitely going to look at these some more. I have been known to put away LOTS of pierogies!

Annie -- You know, this just dawned on me. Do you think I could make your salsa and freeze it? I have a foodsaver that I use/like, and, if I could put this confession in a really really really small font, I'm afraid of canning. LOL! There, I said it. But really, the consistency might suffer a bit, but the taste would still be there, right? BTW, I put corn in salsa one time for a recipe, and my husband thought I had created something absolutely renowned:) He asks for "corn relish" now. Bean soup and turkey sandwiches after working hard all day (I'm sure with styled hair:) must have tasted like heaven. Not kidding. There's an extra added dimension of deliciousness after a hard day's work.

dcarch -- wow, wow, wow! Does that look impressive and downright delicious! And so, I'm wondering what the sauce (reduction?) is?

So, I intend to garden just a bit more today and, well, need calories:) I haven't even started and have eaten one, and, okay, another half:)

CathyinSWPA

ps siblings in the family have been known to actually assess the best chocolate to cookie ratio before selecting, particularly in front of other siblings:)

• annie1992
    5 years ago

Cathy, the beans did taste good, mostly because they were ready and waiting and I didn't have to try to figure out how to cook something in 15 minutes after working outside all day!

I seldom take time to access the chocolate/cookie ratio, I just eat the cookie and never think about THAT. Now I'm going to, you know.

And yes, the salsa can be frozen. The texture isn't exactly the same, but some who have done it have said the texture is not offputting and the taste is still there. Some people actually like it better frozen, because they can leave out the vinegar or citrus juice that is in there for an acidifier. I don't think it tastes "right" without apple cider vinegar, but some don't care for that. Also, if you like it hotter (or DH does), you can add extra hot peppers and not worry about the vegetable to acidifier ratio, if you're canning it you cannot mess with those amounts/ratios. So, good luck, I hope you like it!

Here I went to see Madison at TumbleFest, an exhibition by her gymnastics team. Supper was chicken fajitas without tortillas. It wasn't pretty, so it's just as well that I forgot to take pictures.

Annie

• Anne
    5 years ago

I never take pictures but DH made ground chicken taco's that were sooooo good. He is really good with his spices and seasonings.

• neely
    5 years ago

Goodness this thread moves along so quickly these days which is wonderful. Love seeing everyone's' dinners.

Roast chicken dinner for us.

I made a tray of Madelines... apart from the shape, to me they are a cross between a cookie and a cupcake??? Nice with a cup of tea or coffee.

• User
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Lots of good eating going on.

Sleevendog, I like all your stir fries and noodle bowls. They are so appealing to the eye as well.

Sue do you think your daughter would share the potato knishes recipe?

I like your salad combination.

2ManyDiversions, Now I have a craving for beef stew. I might have to make one this week regardless of the fact that it is suppose to get up into the 80's this week.

Neely, no meal is more appealing to me than a roast chicken dinner.

Last night's dinner.

Blackened Poblano peppers on the grill before leaving for work.

First thing I did when I got home from work was put a pot of black beans on to cook in the Breville PC.

Once the beans were cooking I started the sauce for the Chiles Rellenos.

Fried three white corn tortillas and shaped them around a small bowl to form bowls for the beans.

When the beans were ready, I beat the egg whites and folded in the yolks to make the batter. Filled the Poblano peppers with a piece of Monterrey Jack cheese, dipped in the batter and fried until golden.

Chiles Rellenos platted and served with chile sauce, a "tortilla" bowl of beans and avocado.

It is funny. I know that I make Moe some really good meals. But, when I make him Chiles Rellenos, he says he has no words to describe just how good they are. And it is really such a simple meal, that I should probably make it for him more often.

Peri Peri style grilled chicken.

Made the Peri Peri sauce Thursday and marinated the chicken legs over night. Grilled Friday night for dinner.

• Jasdip
    5 years ago

Cathy, I LOVE reading your posts. Every one of them has a lot of humour in it, and they make me laugh.

Everyone is eating so well, and yes, like Neely mentioned, this thread is moving along so quickly!!

I made an omelette this morning for breakfast. Sauteed peppers and onions with a spicy tomato sauce. I love this little cheapo cast iron skillet, nothing sticks, ever.

5 years ago

Now I want an omelet. DH makes the best. Yum, looks good. Love it with tomatoes and avocado.

Ann_t and Neely...so fresh looking. I've loved peas and limas and Brussels sprouts since eating solid food as a wee one. I have used poblano instead of bla green peppers for--ever. Such better flavor.

Not sure where our market is getting good corn on the cob this time of year but decent. We smoked a half dozen ears in the husk with baby back ribs.

Then made corn fritters yesterday. Test batch for breakfast while watching the nuptials festivities. Big double batch for the Preakness with a couple friends. So good. One batch makes about 18 big ones. Second batch I made 'silver dollar' mini ones.

• 2ManyDiversions
    5 years ago

This thread has really been moving!

Sleevendog, I’m so glad you and yours made it through the storms with no damages, and clearly you ate incredibly well throughout. I’ve a fear of corn fritters as the only ones I’ve made weren’t very good.

Cathyinpa, you have such a great spirit, a fun sense of humor, and you can cook! It’s been such a pleasure reading your posts and seeing your meals : ) I’m printing the pressure cooker corn soup recipe (I don’t even have a corn soup recipe) – DH would love it with bacon (he loves anything with bacon!).

Annie1992, thanks again for the sweet relish recipe – love the story that went with it! Several years ago I wanted to surprise my Dad with “Aunt Bill’s Candy” for the holidays - a family tradition that we all participated in as it took so much stirring to melt the sugar in the CI, but couldn’t find the recipe (I thought it came from an eccentric Aunt!). Fast forward a few years and I stumbled upon in online, seems it's a tradition in Okla (where we lived a while). He was amazed and delighted to have them again and it made me so happy to make it for him.

Dcarch, you know I’m an admirer of every dish you prepare, but ravioli and morels? How could you torment us with such a marvelous dish! Someday I shall force you to divulge your sauces!

Anne, (hi!), I’ve never made ground chicken tacos, but I’m thinking that’s something I’d like to try, and would be a nice change from beef or fish : )

Neely, I love a good roasted chicken meal too! I’ve never made madeleines – did you use orange rather then lemon zest?

Ann_t, your chili rellenos look delicious, wish I could tolerate heat: )

I want ham and bean soup and a huge omelet now!

Honestly, I can’t remember what day I grilled pork chops, but they’d marinated 2 days (rained the first day I’d planned to grill them), so I didn’t use the smoke tube – figured they had enough flavor. First time grilling chops and we really enjoyed them. Made mushroom & asparagus risotto in the IP again, with steamed broccoli.

Photos for uploading · More Info
    We had leftover beef tips the next day, and then leftover grilled chops with scalloped potatoes and brussel sprouts with cheese and bacon (too rich for me with all the cheese, but DH wiped his plate clean).

5 years ago

So fresh ! Looks like a sunny day.

We've had such grey skies and rain. Weather cleared so we spent the late afternoon outside. Baked a boule and made a roasted three bean, rosemary, garlic, olive, parmesan appy. Snacked at the kitchen counter. Salad later for dessert.

• shirl36
    5 years ago

Been trying for a good loaf of 100% whole wheat bread lately, finally yesterday I did it. Seemed light in texture and moist even this morning. (KAF recipe for 100% WW bread). Not sure I like the taste of 100%WW, seems a bit strong, perhaps flour a little old, will try a new bag soon....Just trying to incorporate a few more healthy eatings into the daily diet. Does anyone else feel the 100% WW a stronger taste or is it my flour?

• cathyinpa
    5 years ago

Neely --My goodness, that is a beautiful plate. If I had to make a choice, though, I'd choose plate #2:) HA!!!!! Just being honest. Gosh, I would have such a hard time with those madelines -- calling. all. dang. day!

Annie -- quote of the day "the beans did taste good, mostly because they were ready and waiting and
    I didn't have to try to figure out how to cook something in 15 minutes
    after working outside all day!" YES!!!! I've had a bologna sandwich standing over the sink that tastes five star restaurant! Thanks so much for the advice re the salsa -- I've read great things about it for years. I really think freezing will work just fine for us. I need to print that, and go back and print that flourless chocolate cake before I forget:)

Anne -- "DH made ground chicken taco's that were sooooo good. He is really good with his spices and seasonings." I'm laughing. We usually qualify these DH wonderful moments with "he's a keeper":)

Ann_T -- Frying is so above my pay grade; the fact that you actually fry things after work blows me away, Ann. No lie. And Moe is absolutely correct with his assessment -- your pictures leave me speechless. BTW, I don't consider myself a food snob, but I just don't like canned beans. Pressure cooked beans? Sign me up! I've used a recipe for chorizo black beans that is good and reliable.

jasdip -- Can you imagine how much fun we'd all have together? I can just hear all the laughter. And you know, making an omelet in a cast iron pan takes a lot of faith -- HUGE rec that it is well-seasoned. BTW, I have guys that would line up for that omelet -- true!

sleevendog -- I almost made zucchini corn fritters the other day, but just seemed like too much work. I'm going to live vicariously and just look at yours:) What's the condiment?

2Many -- So, that's how pork chops are supposed to look:)??????? HA! Looks like you nailed perfect temp on those -- the temp that eludes me (chew, chew, chew, chew -- laughing because it's really okay) Isn't risotto in the IP great? Do you use some wine? I also throw some frozen peas in at the end. I've also made scalloped potatoes in the IP in desperation -- about a B-. "DH wiped his plate clean." No better critique than that! PS I'm making more of the corn soup today (whole foods had corn 4/$1, and I am cheap) Going to add some bacon cause while your husband may struggle a bit with ground beef, he is spot re: bacon:)

CathyinSWPA

• cathyinpa
    5 years ago

There were folks in the house talking about Reubens and then pretty much looking at me. So, I decided to make a Reuben Casserole cause a) I had pretty much everything already purchased and b) I was too lazy to grill a bunch of sandwiches:) In any event, first order of business was to make some rye bread -- the one thing I didn't have. You know how sometimes things just conspire to make what is a simple, familiar, recipe LONG and WRONG and you descend into this rabbit hole and ask "How did I get here?" Yep. But I forged ahead.

Thank goodness corned beef in IP got me back on track.
    Can I get a closer shot of corned beef LOL!

Assembled sauerkraut, corned beef, thousand island, swiss cheese, buttered rye cubes. Now that I can do.

I'd like to say that I had some great vegetables on the side, like those brussel sprouts, broccoli, etc. that I see beautifully plated in previous posts, but I didn't:) Figure we'd get healthy tomorrow or the next day.

CathyinSWPA

• 2ManyDiversions
    5 years ago

sleevendog, your three bean, rosemary, garlic, olive, parmesan appy sounds and looks wonderful - olives, you thought to use olives and garlic? That just makes my mouth water. If I could I'd tear off the crusty ears on that boule and eat it right now.

shirl36, if I have to beg, I will... please tell me, which KA 100% whole wheat bread recipe did you use? I'm finding at least 3! That looks perfect! I make 100% whole wheat but it's so darned dense, and it never lasts as long as the white bread, or 50/50 bread. Yes, the taste is quite a bit stronger, but I rather like it. Used to hate it, but after a while the taste buds seem to change and now we prefer it.

Cathyinpa, the pork chops weren't fork-cutting tender, but tender enough : ) I cheated and used a thermometer that you leave in. I was worried about undercooking. Oh My Goodness, I just discovered risotto in the IP and can't get over it! I keep forgetting to pick up peas, so that's why the asparagus, lol! "and I am cheap" Ha! I am cheap too! I love a good bargain, and better yet when I can take that bargain and turn it into a great meal, or 2 great meals!

My scalloped potatoes weren't as 'done' as I prefer - the potatoes where, but the sauce was too thin. My toaster oven is old and so I'm limited on what comes out edible. I hope to eventually get a Cuisenart Steam (toaster) Oven, but not until after we get the kitchen done.

• Jasdip
    5 years ago

Hahaha Cathy, you made me laugh again!!!

Risotto, I've never made, and 2Many, you reminded me that I forgot to take a pic of our dinner last night. I love cooking orzo and tossing in cut-up asparagus in the water. Drain and add parmesan cheese and cream (half-and-half). We had this last night with my garlic/soy sauce meatballs, and we couldn't eat enough of it!

• 2ManyDiversions
    5 years ago

Jasdip, I rarely made risotto and wouldn't make risotto ever again unless it's in the Instant Pot... all that stirring and attention - never again! The only stirring in the IP was sauteing the aromatics and a quick stir prior to serving. I had to look up orzo (bowing head in shame). The things one learns here : ) I'd describe risotto as a creamy rice with rich flavor - I always use mushrooms and try to use frozen peas (when I remember to buy them!), and it can be made into an easy entree by adding chicken or other protein.

Cathy, I didn't answer your question - yes, I do use wine in the risotto : ) I've never heard of a Reuben casserole! I have a soft spot for corned beef, and DH has no soft spot for rye, which is a must for corned beef sandwiches! Gah! I feel I could sneak some in if it were in a casserole though!

...and if you'd gotten any closer to that beautiful corned beef I'd be at your door fork in hand!

• cathyinpa
    5 years ago

shirl36 -- we must have been posting at the same time. I've read that WW flour can go rancid quicker than white -- could that be a possibility? That is such a shame because your bread looks really, really good -- crumb, crust, etc. I hope you find the answer so your hard work pays off!

jasdip -- you're making me laugh! HA! I literally was just talking about orzo with my son today (recipe orzo chix, feta, dill) but I'm hanging on to your cooking method/description with the asparagus. Wow, that method sounds like a winner and one-pot to boot!

2Many -- I ALWAYS overcook pork chops. Smart to use your thermometer on them. BTW, I've made these in the IP IP Scalloped Potatoes and while they're not "to die for" they're good enough. I'm excited that you're looking at a Cuisinart Steam Oven -- how much fun will that be? Also wanted to let you know if you do make that Corn Chowder, really err on the side of less broth when pressurizing, then taste to add at the end -- you know, like the recipe says. I think I only used ~ 2 2/3 cups or less for four cobs:) I used too much broth tonight just dumped it in, threw in a few potatoes (cause, you know I thought why not?), and it was kind of like eating runny polenta HA!!!!! No bueno. PS. I'll be waiting for you with the corned beef, and we'll find your husband some good sourdough! I have forks:)

CathyinSWPA

• Jasdip
    5 years ago

Today's a holiday and a perfect day to make Chicken Marbella. Out of all my chicken recipes, it's my very favourite one.

I steamed cabbages in my cast iron skillet that put butter and honey on and sauteed it for a couple more minutes. Brown rice on the side.

• annie1992
    5 years ago

Oh Neely, those madelines look like they just would go with a nice cup of coffee.

AnnT, I'm a heat wuss, but I can manage poblanos and those look delicious. That would be Elery's idea of a perfect meal.

Anne, welcome to What's For Dinner. Not everyone takes pictures, and sometimes things just aren't pretty enough to take pictures of. Your husband's chicken tacos sound good, plus, they were made for you, double bonus!

2many, I'm not a fan of pork chops, they always seem to be dry and tough. Yours look good, but your risotto just looks really good!

Cathy, like you I always seem to overcook pork chops. Yes, I have a thermometer. Yes, I have a short attention span. (grin) And so pork chops will never be anything except dry, tough and overcooked here, I'm afraid. A Reuben casserole sounds a LOT easier than Reubens for a bunch, and the bread looks fine to me. The corned beef, though, now that's calling to me, yum.

Sleevendog, those fritters sound perfect and corn is on sale here too, 8 ears for $1, now that's a bargain. I bought some a couple of weeks ago and it was actually OK, usually corn this time of year is shipped from Texas or somewhere and it's awful. So, maybe the current crop will be good too, I'm going to have to pick some up. The bread looks so good...

Shirl, your bread looks beautiful to me. I sometimes add about 1/4 cup of orange juice to my whole wheat bread, it cuts the bitterness that I can detect in the 100% whole wheat loaves. I never taste orange, just a more moderate whole wheat "edge". I like King Arthur Flour's bread recipes, they seldom steer me wrong.

Jasdip, brussels sprouts are one of my favorite vegetables, pretty much any way they are cooked. I made them with apples the last time I cooked them, but some honey would put them right over the top I think.

Here it's cold, rainy and wet. We spent the morning putting fence around the garden, getting ready for the deer and the groundhogs. It started to rain about half an hour before the farrier arrived to trim the horse's hooves. In the 50s today and in the 80s by Wednesday, Michigan never quite makes up its mind about spring, LOL. I had picked asparagus and froze it, and had the trimmings leftover, so I made asparagus soup. Elery sliced some fresh jalapenos into his, I had mine without, of course. He made a sandwich with a patty of chicken sausage and an egg, I just had soup.

I had a couple of pork loins brining for Canadian Bacon and Elery had smoked them yesterday, so he sliced them and I packaged them up in the FoodSaver for freezing.

Yesterday I baked cod loins, and added some home canned peach salsa as a sauce. I roasted the last squash from winter storage, along with some parsnips. The vegetables were really good, and the fish was horrible so I dumped the fish into the chicken scrap bucket and ate more vegetables. I've never had fish with that texture. It seemed underdone, but wasn't. It didn't flake and I needed a steak knife to cut it, something I've never experienced with cod.

Michigan is a long way from the ocean so the stuff was probably thawed and frozen a dozen times before it landed at my grocery store. Whatever the reason for the issue, I didn't eat it and neither would the cat, I tried to feed it to him and he refused it. It wasn't spoiled and didn't smell bad, it was just tough, and very weird.

Annie

• neely
    5 years ago

I'm not really up to Mexican type cooking, though love eating it. That meal of Annts' ...battered poblano peppers with the bean cups looks fantastic. 2many your pork chops with sides look very good and to answer Yes I did put some grated orange rind in the Madeleines instead of lemon. Jasdip your above meal looks delicious and the Brussels yummy. Sleevendog all your meals looks great as usual. Cathy... Hi Cathy, love your corned beef. A Reuben's casserole is new to me but I can imagine it would be good... had a laugh at ' figure we'll get healthy tomorrow or the next day' ... so apt for us as well. Shirl, love your WW loaf. I find that sometimes I like that 'strong' taste and at another time maybe couple months later, I don't. ??

We had beef curry ... poofed and still good.

The sweet basil has succumbed to the first albeit light frost but this perennial basil is still hanging on. And dang it all the possums ate the baby kale plants.

ETA Annie posted while I was writing so must add that I'm totally envious of that bacon you made and stored. Love your soup and roast veg as well. Strange about the fish.

• shirl36
    5 years ago

2Many......my WW bread was made From KAF 100% WW bread for the bread machine. I baked it in oven, I never bake in bread machine. Annie 92 suggested replacing 1/4 cup of water with orange juice to cut bitterness, I will try next time.

KAF WW bread recipe

And to everyone else......I check this site most every morning first thing right after breakfast...that’s Me Time.....I give myself about 1/2 half hour, funny how long a 1/2 hour turns out to be tho. I so enjoy all the comments, especially the pictures, and as I’ve said before I get so many ideas for menus. We eat at home most all meals, by choice, my choice.

• cathyinpa
    5 years ago

Jasdip -- Dang! Your chicken always looks so so good, and you are giving me a new appreciation for cast iron! I need to start to think of it for more vegetables. Your brussel sprouts look great, and so does the bok choy, green beans in first pic. Great combinations.

Annie -- Oh my word! You deserve a HUGE corned beef sandwich! Putting up fence for deer grrrrrr, groundhogs grrrrr!! What an enormous task! Have you gone electric? We have such a small garden, but I put fencing underneath/around raised beds and I have a stinking vole -- which, I'm just kind of laughing. BUT, while I would be eating your delicious look asparagus soup, DH would enlarge, mat and frame your picture of Canadian Bacon! Wow, wow, wow, does that ever look good. I have to tell you, he probably would just open the freezer now and then just to admire (and I might join him!) I'd also gobble those parsnips in a minute (reminds me of my Grammy) and I'd say if the cat says "no thanks" yours was a good call. was it chewy like our pork chops:)?

Neely -- Confession: I am just starting to enter the world of curries and your dish makes me want to make up for lost time. So glad that you have some fresh basil; I don't think we have a perennial basil (which I would love), and dang those opossums. Sometimes, I think they look cute and other times, not so much (like those teeth gah!) Our gardens is fenced, but I've battled cabbage moths big time for kale. CathyinSWPA

5 years ago

My last batch of curry does not look that good, : (....not sure why. I made enough to freeze a few portions but I doubt I'll use it.

Doubt I could have waited for the corned beef dish. Would have eaten immediately.

Oh so highly recommend SousVide for pork and less expensive cuts like LondonBroil. Cooks to perfection. The main reason I purchased mine. And I cook from frozen or SousVide with aromatics in the portioned food saver packages and freeze for quick meals.

• 2ManyDiversions
    5 years ago

Cathy… lovely, now you tell me not to use so much broth in the corn soup… I already printed it out, and on my thick recipe cards (took 2!) with the clear thingies over it – you know how hard it is to get the card inside that plastic sleeve with my fumble fingers? {laughing}. I’ll just write it in : ) Thank you so much for the tip! It’s always those little extra tips that are so important and amaze me how everyone here shares them so thoughtfully! BTW, opossums are not cute!

Jasdip, those are the tiniest cabbages I’ve ever seen…they almost look like brussel sprouts ; ) Your chicken Marbella looks fantastic – I’ve got a Silver Palate cookbook I adore, with a delightful chicken Marbella recipe.

Annie1992, I’m pretty sure Elery is going to turn into a hot pepper someday – how do other’s do it?! That asparagus soup looks perfect for this hot, muggy weather we’re having. And more of your gorgeous Canadian Bacon. Mmmm. Reminds me, I need to order some curing salt. Those Food Saver packs look great, wishing I had one. I am sorry about your weird cod.

Neely, your poofed dinners never looked poofed, and mine always do! Curry looks good but I must confess I use very mild spices in mine. I get so discouraged when the wild things eat my garden plants… kale is a favorite around here, with vinegar, sautéed onions, and bacon. Our basil is just coming up now, and the slugs are staying away as the leaves grow higher : )

Thank you shirl36!

Poofed chicken casserole last night (béchamel sauce, vermouth - sounds strange but isn’t – portabella mushrooms, over rice. Frozen corn (thawed and cooked). Strawberries with mint. Tonight is another poofed meal. DH and are doing some prep work before tearing down a wall later this weekend. We’ll be moving the temp kitchen soon to another location and wrapping it up to keep the dust out (she says, euphemistically. Coz’ that so did not work last time!)

Speaking of critters, we buried our chicken wire 6” into the ground and 12” out to keep them at bay. Works! Doesn’t work on birds. And our birds will eat anything. Next garden DH wants to put chicken wire all over to keep everything out, and I concur. We tried live traps, then realized we didn't have anywhere we could release them. Wish DH would let me post the photo I took of him in his pajama bottoms, soaking wet from morning dew, trying to open the trap door to loose a skunk with one of those 25' depth measuring poles. I've never laughed so hard! I kept telling him to just walk up to it with a blanket in front of him... but he stood what seemed miles away, struggling with that ridiculous red and white striped pole!

• neely
    5 years ago

Burger night with home made potato wedges.

The only time we drink cola is with burgers... they seem to go together.

• User
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Sleevendog, my mom use to make corn fritters. Can't remember the last time I had one.

2ManyDiversions, nice job on the pork chops. I'd be happy with just the pork chops and the scalloped potatoes.

Jasdip, I love brussels sprouts. Haven't tried them with honey. I imagine they were delicious.

Annie, when I see all that Canadian back bacon, I imagine all the toasted back bacon and tomato sandwiches I could eat.

Makes me want to buy a smoker.

Neely, great looking curry. The sauce looks so rich.

Wonderful burger photo and potato wedges.

I made a beef stew for dinner last night. I had a craving.

Cooked it in the Breville PC in stages. After the meat had cooked for 18 minutes, released the pressure and added the whole onions and celery. After another 5 minutes, released pressure again and added the potatoes, green beans, carrot and wedges of cabbage. PC'd again for 6 minutes. Added the dumplings and just simmered until the dumplings were cooked.

I had some ground turkey breast to do something with so Monday night I made

Turkey burgers seasoned with fresh basil, garlic, green onion, a couple of tablespoons of Hellmans, salt and pepper.

The idea came from Food and Wine.
    I left out the anchovies and added garlic. And because I wasn't using 1 1/2 pounds, I just seasoned to taste with the other ingredients. Didn't measure.

• mamapinky0
    5 years ago

AnnT that beef stew looks amazing as does everyone's food. Ann with the addition of cabbage in the stew does it give it more of a veggie beef soup taste?

• cathyinpa
    5 years ago

2Many -- HA! It has to be tried and true to warrant the plastic sleeve here, 2Many! Those plastic sleeves are the worst! BTW, I did leave out a bit of corn too to add back after immersion LOL! Your escapades with the garden critters are making me smile. Matter of fact, tell your husband I was thinking about him today HA! I've dealt with a groundhog in our fenced in garden (did you know they can grow?) but never a lived-trapped SKUNK!!!!! Gah! I just bought some hardware cloth to add to the armory -- it's getting ridiculous to just even work in there.

Neely -- I know my whole crew would gravitate to those burgers, but give me an entire PLATE of those potatoes. Gosh, I love them!

Went to the store to because I needed smoked paprika and tomatoes for soup, and came home with basically strawberries. There were on sale, and it was like "oh my goodness, this is a good deal, wow, these look really good, maybe I can make some cake, I could freeze some" and pfffft I pretty much forgot everything else.

Jasdip inspired me to use my cast iron:) Made some pan pizza, mixed dough last night, shaped/rose while forgetting things at the store, then baked a pepperoni and an everything but kitchen sink pie (extra sauce is available:). Also, remember that weight watchers cabbage soup? Well, I made a riff on that to clear out the freezer (that's what the smoked paprika was for; ended up using regular paprika and some chipotle powder -- WOW -- little heat going on) Made some bread and then that strawberry cake. Such a beautiful day today -- weather in mid 70s and was glad to get some baking done.

Son's lunch -- one pepperoni, one kitchen sink, except his was bigger:) I also told him that the soup needed salt, and he said he'd grab some chips -- resourceful kid that he is:)

I don't think I've ever made a more crooked slash in my life, but I love the crust

warts and all:)

Strawberry Cake -- thank goodness! We pretty much ate everything sweet in the house, and I've been reduced to eating chocolate chip morsels out of the bag for the past few days -- telling true:)

CathyinSWPA

• User
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Mamapinky, the cabbage does really contribute to the flavour of the broth, but I would say it was still pretty beefy.

Cathy, those aren't warts they are beauty marks. Love a blistered crust.

Great looking pizza crust too.

I have a 500g batch of dough in the fridge from Monday that might be destined for pizza tonight.

We had a late lunch yesterday so I never made dinner.

Just dessert.

Raspberry Cobbler with a Vanilla Cream sauce.

5 years ago

Surprised at the soups, stews, and hearty meals yet we are doing the same. Not so hot yet...no AC, no need for the heat on. Windows open 24/7 but lots of damp rain so chowder, soup and noodle bowls are an easy go-to. Lots of stocks in the freezer.

No so pretty but every minute of dry evening weather before sundown is gardening.

ShrimpNoodleBowl

• 2ManyDiversions
    5 years ago

Neely and Ann_t, those burgers look good – great time for them too!

Ann_t, thank you for explaining how you did your beef stew in the PC in stages – I’ve been meaning to try that, but now I know I can : ) I’ve never thought of adding dumplings to a beef stew, but that would be perfect! You are such an experienced, knowledgeable cook – there are so many here! I’d also not thought to put cabbage in, but rather wanted to add tomatoes to mine next time. Might have to do both! Your cobbler looks good – and again, such a great time for cobblers. I was looking for my apple cobbler recipe but it’s packed. Hoping for free time in the coming months to make a cobbler.

Cathyinpa, are you quite done with altering the corn soup recipe or what?! {grinning again!}. Yes, when committed to the thick cards and plastic sleeve, that means they are ‘keepers’ : ) I love reading your commentary, you always crack me up, and you keep it real! I have to admit, there’ve been times the cupboard was empty and my sweet tooth said ‘feed me’ so I’ve eaten my share of choc chips from the bag… I’d never have admitted to that if you hadn’t first! LOL! When I saw your bread I wanted to cut into it, until I saw the strawberry cake…

Though I’m too busy to do much cooking now, I’m making yet another formal request: That strawberry cake looks extraordinary… would you post the recipe please-please? And while DH and I aren’t thick crust fans… that pizza pie crust, oh my! Would you mind sharing that also? And lastly, is that the same dough you use for your artisan bread? We currently enjoy ann_t’s which is so darned good, but I’d love to know yours and I’m guessing both might be sourdough (which I’ve yet to attempt, but will!).

Sleevendog… your shrimp bowl looks rich and perfectly delicious : )

Tuesday night was poofed shrimp fettuccine (yeah, poofed shrimp) and yes, it was overcooked, but it’s a rich recipe with fresh (now frozen) basil, homemade fettuccine, too much butter, etc. and we ate hugely. No pics. Yesterday made it to the farmer’s market and picked up some lovely tomatoes, so it was BLT’s. Tonight BLT’s again (DH won’t complain, nor I).

I was reminded of a Silver Palate cookbook recipe for egg salad as I have tons of fresh dill now, so I did make that for this weekend when we’ll both be tired and filthy, and without our temp kitchen. Usually served rolled in a thick crepe, but no time to make them.

• mamapinky0
    5 years ago

AnnT ThankYou for explaining about the stew and cabbage. I would enjoy it since I LOVE cabbage. Next time I make Annies beef stew I'll be adding cabbage.

• neely
    5 years ago

AnnT, all delicious looking food with cobbler a standout.

Cathy, pizza, pie and bread all fantastic.

Sleevendog, very appealing to me, your shrimp noodle bowl.

2many egg salad Wow.

I mentioned on another thread that I had some salted cod and that I was going to make Brandad. Hubby had turned his nose up at the idea of a tomato based fish stew but sounded interested in this French recipe with mashed potato in it. Anyway, we loved it. Very strong fishy, salty, garlic flavour, served with a green salad...yum... thought I was in France or Spain for a little moment.

Breakfast, left over Nan bread with avocado and poached egg.

• Jasdip
    5 years ago

Sleevendog, I love the look of your shrimp dish. I like the dark colours of everything.

Neely, your big fries look awesome. Pass me a plate of those anytime.

Cathy, your pizza crust looks perfect! The cast iron does a great job on it. I usually make my own crust, but tonite we had cheater pizzas. I used small corn tortillas and topped with chicken, peppers, onions and olives and cheese. They tasted great, the chicken was a nice change. I just placed 4 of them on the griddle.

I picked rhubarb the other day

Today was pie

• annie1992
    5 years ago

AnnT, that raspberry cobbler looks like something my Mother would mug someone for, she loves raspberries and she loves dessert. I'm going to remember that for the next time she comes over.

sleevendog, how can shrimp be bad? I like nearly anything with shrimp in it and even as hot as it is here, I sure wouldn't turn that down.

2many, we caught a skunk in the live trap last summer. I asked Elery if he wanted me to get a tarp to throw over the trap so we could try to release it. He was kind of ticked that it killed 5 of the meat chickens, and so it did not get released alive. His family must have noticed because we haven't seen one since. Smelled to high heaven too. I had to laugh at your description of your husband trying to release it, LOL. And now that I've had my chuckle, there will probably be one in the trap tomorrow morning. We've already caught a young fox (which was promptly released), a couple of racoons and a possum in the past week, it's varmint season, just waiting for the "buffet" to grow in the garden.

Cathy, the strawberry cake looks good, but the bread looks amazing, yum.

Neely, is that salted cod the same thing as bacalao?

Jasdip, I cut rhubarb too. I gave away about 10 pounds and kept this much:

I made Seagrass' rhubarb coffeecake as we had dinner guests and the husband is diabetic. I used white whole wheat flour and brown sugar Splenda, the recipe calls for yogurt, no butter or oil, and rhubarb, of course. It was really good, Elery's been snacking on it since yesterday. I did put some pieces in the freezer to see how they would keep, so that's an experiment.

For our dinner guests we had a roast cooked with mushrooms and onions, which I forgot to take a picture of. Also whole wheat dinner rolls, a low fat potato salad, green beans, corn on the cob and cucumber salad. I did take a picture of the potato salad, LOL.

Oh, but I went outside and got some of the lilacs and put them on the table, that's about as "decorative" as I get. (grin) Elery doesn't like them, he says the smell is too strong, but he agreed that I could put some on the table:

Tonight for supper we had roast chicken, leftover potato salad and leftover cucumbers, as I spent several hours planting the garden and it was a little over 90F here today. The chicken cooked in the Nesco while I was working and was ready for supper when we came back in to enjoy the air conditioning.

Elery said I should also show his "international dinner", a refried bean and chicken burrito with a side of potato salad and kimchi. It was.....interesting. (grin)

Annie

• bragu_DSM 5
    5 years ago

goodbye 359 … we're about to go 360 ….

• neely
    5 years ago

The rhubarb coffee looks yummy Annie... love egg salad.

Jasdip your rhubarb pie looks great.

• bragu_DSM 5
    5 years ago

and, it's a wrap

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH