SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pirata_gw

Bryant 359AAV versus 355CAV furnaces

Pirata
14 years ago

I've just bought a 1958 brick 1-story house, 1500 sq ft, on behalf of my elderly mother. A lot of windows, poor insulation (I'll be working on that). Michigan winters--Detroit area.

The house now has its original 1958 behemoth of a Williamson furnace. I want to replace the furnace and add central AC with tax-credit eligible equipment.

One firm has quoted me prices for a Bryant 359AAV furnace w/ model 113A AC and for a Bryant 355CAV w/ model 187B AC. After the tax credits and current Bryant rebates, we're looking at about a $700 difference between the two systems.

I'm in Michigan. It's important that my mother stay nice and comfortable, but she's not a total tropical flower, and we are a cheapskate family. We will be likely to put the house on the market again within 10 years.

What is your experience with the quality, durability, and energy savings between the two? Do the extra features and many electronic/computer elements of the 355CAV just mean that there are more things to go wrong, or is it worth considering the "upgrade"?

Any advice or comparative information very much appreciated!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH