SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mangogirl3

Choosing between HVAC systems

mangogirl3
11 years ago

After reviewing a lot of quotes, I've narrowed it down to the following:

1. Lennox XC-17-036 single stage a/c with EL296UH090XV60C two stage gas furnace w/variable speed blower

Honeywell VisionPRO 8000 Thermostat

2. Lennox XC-21-036 two stage a/c with EL296UH090XV60C two stage gas furnace w/variable speed blower

Not sure of thermostat -- either Honeywell VisionPRO 8000 or Lennox iComfort

3. Bryant 187BNA036000 two stage a/c with Bryant 986TA60100VZ1 two stage gas furnace with variable speed ECM

Bryant Evolution Thermostat

4. Same Bryant system as #3, but with 80K BTU furnace

Systems 1, 2, and 4 are from Contractor A and system 3 is from Contractor B. The price difference between these 4 is about $1300, so I'm inclined to pay more for the 2-stage a/c if it's really worth it -- would love to hear opinions. I'm in Maryland, house is about 2280sf, cape cod.

No load calculation has been done. One contractor will do a block load calcuation. The other will do a full load calculation for an additional $200 (he already took a better overall look at the house than anyone else, windows and what direction they faced, insulation - including the attic).

I also have bad air flow to the second floor caused by inadequate ductwork. There have been differnent opinions from these guys whether dampers would be of any help. There doesn't seem to be a duct dedicated to the 2nd floor.

Any comments or advice are appreciated - thanks.

Comments (17)