SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
whirlwindgirl

Vegan menu help please

Dh, the kids and I are going to the in-laws on Saturday for mother’s day. Dh’s sister and our adult nephew (not her kid) will also be there. Dh and I will be responsible for the meal. Dh will smoke ribs and turkey breast. I am planning to ask my 14 year old to bake some cornbread for us.

The rest of the meal will be my responsibility one way or another—either make it or buy it. I don’t mind doing the shopping and putting a little effort into making a dish or two, but since this is my holiday too, I’m not looking to put in a ton of work to turn out a gourmet meal.

Also, this is in no way a gourmet crew. They’d be happy if I brought in kool whip. So buying stuff is completely fine and simple recipes are also completely fine. However, as an added wrinkle our nephew is vegan.

So I am thinking a vegan pasta salad with either beans or tofu in it for some protein. Then also vegan fruit salad. And for dessert, I thought maybe some store bought brownies, vegan vanilla coconut milk ice cream, and canned whipped cream. Then our nephew can have the ice cream and everyone else can make whatever combo they want. Is that enough? Should I also make vegan coleslaw? I don’t much like coleslaw, but it is pretty standard with ribs.

Suggestions for the vegan pasta salad? General thoughts? Thanks!

Comments (18)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals