SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_459360

sos!!!! need help with menu for tomorrows visitor brunch !

User
10 years ago

Help! We are hosting four singers from Russia who are singing with our local choral society tonight. They are on a month long tour of the southeast, and will be with us only one night. They are having dinner elsewhere, and after the concert we are all going out to our town's closest thing to a pub. So they will actually arrive at my house around 11 pm. I am to have a brunch for them tomorrow morning as they prepare to leave in the early afternoon for their next venue.

Somehow (how????) I missed in the email that one of the singers is a vegetarian who eats no fish, meat or eggs, but DOES eat dairy. Of course, my plan was to make an apple French toast dish that everyone loves from my trusty Neiman Marcus cookbook, served with bacon (both real and turkey) and fruit, and put up little snacks for them to take with them. Now.....

I feel I have lost all power of rational thought, they will be here tonight. My housekeeper who retired this past November would have already changed menu, purchased groceries and all would be in order. New housekeeper, while excellent, is not now and may never function at that level.

So, what "hot" dish can I serve the semi-vegan singer? Should I scrap the entire menu and do a buffet for them of breads, meats and cheeses and fruit, like a European hotel breakfast? Or that plus scrambled eggs for the others? Or something more brunchy? I have no idea when they will be up. Most performers keep unusual hours, and they've only been in the country about a week so it's possible their sleeping habits are still a bit eastern hemisphere-ish.

I need suggestions, please!

Comments (12)