SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robin_dc

Please help with brunch menu

robin_DC
15 years ago

I'm hosting a brunch for 12 adults and 4 children this Sunday, and could use your expert help re: tweaking the menu. The food will be served buffet style, as I expect some people to come early and others to come late, so we won't all be sitting at a table together (although I do have enough seating for everyone in the living room on sofas and chairs).

So far I've decided to serve:

French toast casserole (maybe the creme brulee version that has been posted on this site a few times)

Ham biscuits

Crab & Corn Quiche

Broccoli Quiche

Fruit Salad

Assorted breakfast breads (muffins, mini cinnamon rolls, croissants)

Hash Brown Casserole

Bacon &/or ham

Do I need more lunch-type foods, or does some other category of food seem to be missing? If so, do you have any recipe suggestions?

And does anyone have a tried and true recipe for a vegetable salad that would be lunch/brunch appropriate? I thought a salad would be good for people who come on the late end and just want quiche and salad and no breakfast foods, but I think vegetables in some kind of light dressing or marinade would hold up better on a buffet than mixed greens. If it were summer I'd dice tomatoes and mozzarella and serve them in a balsamic vinaigrette, but I am not sure how flavorful tomatoes will be in January on the east coast...

Finally --- is dessert appropriate, or would that be strange to serve with a brunch?

Thanks in advance!

Comments (11)