SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lee10ann14

Washing Machine allergy cycle - king quilt capacity

Layla Green
6 years ago

Hello all,
I know this question probably has been beaten to death, and I did do a search and read up on the answers, but I think the responses are older and seems new models may be out. My husband just had bilateral hernia repair. He also has dust mite allergies - and we are trying to cut his coughing/sneezing down to a minimum. Our washing machine is an old Kenmore that sounds like gerbils on a wheel when starting up.... (we won't talk about the mice in the GE dryer). It won't start the water filling until the lid is down and locked, and if you forget to put in your clothes.... well needless to say I have washed a lot of water. We have many king and queen quilts - and mattress pads. I usually give these to a lady who washes them along with a bunch of towels in her Whirlpool top load Cabrios for $10 a load. I calculate we have her do around 4 loads a month so $40 X 12 would almost be 1/2 the cost of a new washing machine. She loves her Cabrios but I have heard they do not have good reviews and people are hating them. I have my real estate agent whose daughter has severe allergies and loves his LG with allergy cycle. Not sure how long he has had his. I have always wanted a speed queen but not sure if the capacity is big enough for king quilts. We live in a small city and have the big box stores and one family owned business who carries speed queens and electrolux. No F&P. I don't care if it is top load or front load, as long as it will kill dust mites and I can wash king quilts in it and do a lot of towels (husband is OCD so constantly taking showers - like having a teenager).

Another question has anyone bought washers online? and if so your experience

It is now 2018 and I think new models are out and would love your opinions.

Thanks!

Comments (11)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm