SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
figureskater04

Help me move (or hide) a toilet's floor water supply line!

figureskater04
6 years ago

Hi! Some of you kind folks gave me advice regarding what toilet to get a while back, and I settled on the Toto Vespin. (I was also considering the Toto Drake and Kohler Corbelle.)

My husband and I renovated our new house, and our contractor put our toilet water supply lines in the floor. I know nothing about these things, and I assumed he'd move them to the wall or hide them under the toilet (you're probably laughing, but this is my level of knowledge; I'm still learning!). I do not want the water supply lines sticking up out of the floor. I looked up pictures, and I do not like the way the floor supply lines look, and having this would also defeat the purpose of having a skirted toilet. I don't want extra stuff on the floor to clean around.

One of the toilet's supply lines can be moved to the wall; my contractor says the other can't because there's a beam under the wall behind where the toilet will go. Do any of you with more know-how than me have any remedies? Is there any way to hide the water supply with the Vespin's skirt? Could we drill through that beam and put the water supply through it? Is there any other remedy? Another toilet?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you have!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio