SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
southerngalinnyc

drain pipe/supply lines and 6-9's off center and console sink?

southerngalinnyc
13 years ago

Hi,

I buried this question in an earlier post and its a cross post in plumbing now but really need help asap so am trying again.

thanks for help in advance.

The photo below is the sink wall for our tiny guest bath

From tiny 3rd floor guest bath under the eaves

This is the type of sink I finally decided I wanted to install my preference is the 31" wide option but I can squeeze in the 37" wide version...

questions regarding the drain pipe and supply lines.

They are currently approximately 6 and 9.5 and 10.5 inches (respectively) to the right of the center of where the sink needs to be mounted and they are roughly 14 and 16 inches up from the floor. The drain is approximately 17 inches from the floor...

shouldn't they be higher and closer to the center....

I am now told it will be very expensive to move

if I leave the supply lines where they are then they will effectively be only 3 and 4 inches from the right edge of the console top... and fairly low.

If we leave them in place should there be any problems with the water supply lines back to the sink if I order the flexible kind? It seems that the bottom of the "p trap will be mighty low to the floor.

my husband said (when I was looking at a vanity, we'll just cut the bottom drawer" and then finally... if you want to move it we will.

please let me know what you think...

Given the tight layout below... it will be most apparent when you are seated...

I plan to put a basket under the sink and to hang towels on the bars.... will I regret not moving the pipes or just putting in a vanity?

Comments (3)