SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jlgates126

Bluestar feedback and higher end appliance advice

Jenn
6 years ago

I'm currently in the process of deciding on kitchen appliances. Cake decorating is my serious hobby, but aside from that, I'm an everyday scratch cook for a family of 5. I'm trying to decide between the Bluestar Rangetop with one electric oven (Bluestar, Wolf M Series, or even Kitchenaid) plus the Wolf Steam Convection, a different range top plus the aforementioned ovens or a Bluestar Range (w/ the gas convection) and a Wolf Steam Combi. In considering how I cook, I don't know that the broiler would be a huge difference maker for me. Who loves your Bluestar Electric and do you find it bakes quite evenly without rotating? Again, I sometimes bake cookies, but for the most part I use my oven for roasting and baking cakes. I'm used to a Frigidaire Professional oven and cooktop. It's been fine for now but I'm definitely ready for an upgrade. I would love to be more proficient with bread for the family, but I'm pretty paleo so it's not a high priority for me. I would love to hear feedback regarding Bluestar oven/ range/ range top.

On another note, we're also looking at a 36" all refrigerator Sub Zero, Perlick undercounter freezer and Kitchenaid dishwasher. Any commentary positive or negative on your other kitchen appliances would be welcome. Since every brand seems to have their issues, I'm finding this a pretty frustrating process. We're in Northeast Ohio, so repair may be an issue for some brands.

Thanks!

Comments (16)