SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kellybranford

Appliance List for Our New Construction - Help/Feedback Please!!

kellybranford
8 years ago

I have been doing a lot of appliance research for our upcoming new construction...and have come to the conclusion that I think I need some help because there is so much to consider! :-). I have read so much that my head is absolutely spinning at this point; so I am reaching out to the community here for some help and opinions.

Background:

My husband and I both cook and bake extensively. We both love to cook, and between the migraine and dairy-free diet that I follow, and the food allergies/intolerances that I have, we cook nearly everything from scratch. So our kitchen in this new house is hugely important to us because we will be spending a ton of time in it. Our appliances will be a large part of our overall kitchen budget, so I want to make sure that we make good, solid decisions and investments.

Current Appliance Choices:

- 30" Double Wall Oven: KitchenAid KODE500ESS; the blue interior is something I really want. We have also considered the Electrolux EW30EW65PS or EI30EW45PS, but prefer the simplicity of the KitchenAid panel (I don't need all of the pre-sets that the Electrolux offers). We also considered the Wolf double ovens, but they are out of our price range.

- 36" Rangetop: Thermador PCG366G. We have also considered the Wolf and Bluestar 36" range tops; but so far we prefer the raised star burner and higher BTUs of the Thermador vs. the Wolf. And we prefer the closed burners of the Thermador vs. the Bluestar. The range top will have to run on Liquid Propane, so I would love to get some input on this facet of the decision.

- 30" Induction Cooktop: Thermador CIT304KM. The silver color is something I really want in the induction cooktop (will be against marble countertops)...so as far as I know, my choice is between the Thermador and the GE Monogram ZHU30RSJSS. I also like the Miele KM5753, but don't know that I love seeing a black cooktop on my white marble counters :-/.

- French Door Refrigerator: KitchenAid KRFF707ESS. I love the platinum interior in this one. I'm very sensitive to bright LED lights inside many fridges (most sensitive to Samsung and LG lighting it seems), but this fridge doesn't seem to bother me for some reason. I think the gray interior (vs. white) helps it seem not so bright.

- Dishwashers (2): KitchenAid KDTM404ESS. The glide rack on the bottom rack of this dishwasher is what really sold me...it's probably a stupid pet peeve, but I really hate the wheels on the bottom racks of dishwashers! Is anyone aware of any other brands that offer this feature?? Even the Bosch and Miele dishwashers that I looked at still had wheels on the bottom rack.

- Washer: Whirlpool Duet WFW95HEDU

- Dryer: Whirlpool Duet WED95HEDU

Okay, I think that's all for now haha. If you made it to the end of this post, and have any recommendations/comments/suggestions, I would greatly appreciate some feedback! We're still looking at range hoods for the gas range, and at downdraft hoods for the induction cooktop...but any suggestions there would also be much appreciated!

Comments (10)