SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tacademyhs

Difference between a lower- or higher-end wall oven?

BLTx
8 years ago

(I've really appreciated the help I've gotten so far on this forum. I've done several searches on this topic but am not yet convinced I understand.)

I'm happy with our plan to buy a BlueStar rangetop. Most of the people who've used it (though not all) say that it makes for a different cooking experience. And we're comfortable with the potential maintenance issues.

Now I'm wondering about a wall oven.

My normal preference is longevity—I prefer analog appliances so there's no control board to break and render the entire appliance useless. I don't think I need fancy features, especially if they're likely to break. I'm a fairly serious cook, but I've cooked for years with a simple oven and I'm just not sure that a fancy one will make that much difference. (Am I overlooking something?) But at the same time, I'm questioning the need to spend 2-3 times the money to avoid the chance that I'll need to replace something.

My cooking habits: I cook everything I eat (no restaurants or processed foods). I use the oven mostly in cool weather, mostly for casseroles and for roasting vegetables (and the once-yearly turkey). I don't bake much.

If I buy a Whirlpool or a GE, how much difference will I see in my food, compared to a Wolf or AR or BS?

Any other thoughts?

Thank you so much.

Comments (7)