SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
miboclopos

Peace Lilly dying...

Mike352 To
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I got a bushy big Peace Lilly October 2017.

- It was in a very tiny pot for the plant, needed repotting.

- Also very bushy, lots of leaves, many had hard time getting to light in shadow from the others.

- Many new small leaves couldn't grow and reach the top or the sides of the "canopy".

- When I got it it had 2 big nice flowers, it kept them for about one month. (Meaning it was healthy)

- I had to water it every 2-3 days, I was checking the soil with a stick, also looking at the leaves, after 3 days they were getting all soft and wimp.

- I'd say this condition was getting very very gradually worse. Up until the point where even after watering the leaves kept this wimp, soft downwards state and never bounced back.

- at that point I decided to re-pot it thinking it's root bound.

-got it in a airy mix with plenty of perlite. Re-potted it in a bigger pot, it never got better, it didn't got worse,but it didn't get better. I left it like that to recover for about 45 days. Water when soil dry, using stick to test, and it needed water once every 15 days, kept a lot of water unused.

-after 45 days and no results, and seeing the pot kept all the water, I decided to re-pot it back in a little smaller pot.

-i was right. Repotting it back to a smaller pot I noticed the root ball separate, from much of the soaky soil underneath.

- in the smaller pot for about 2 weeks now and the plant condition is deteriorating, it seems it doesn't use any water..

Is it too late?

Should I give up?

What can I do at this point?

Trim some of the leaves?

Give it a good soaking?

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath