SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kellejac

Americh Quality Problems? Any suggested alternatives to the Turo?

Kj Albany
6 years ago

Hi there -

Has anyone else had issues with the quality of Americh tubs? We just refused delivery on the second tub that arrived damaged from the factory. It was cracked on the same corner both times, so we're thinking it may be due to a design flaw.

So now we have to scramble to find a different tub and get it ordered, after already having a 3 week delay in our project while we were delivered broken tubs.

Does anyone know of a tub from a quality manufacturer with the Turo's specs, specifically:

66" X 36" X 22"

Integral tile flange

3 wall alcove install with apron/skirt

I hate the armrests of the Kohler Mariposa and similar tubs. The thing I really liked about the Turo when I bought it was the slope of the lumbar support and the straight lines of the sides, allowing maximum space for arms and the rest of the body. The Duravit Architect series looks nice, but their 66" long tub is only 32" wide.

Also, we purchased our tub through an online retailer and it was shipped to us from the factory in Southern California (we live in Northern CA - Bay Area) via R & L shipping, so the shipper and the manufacturer point fingers at one another. When I was shopping for a tub originally, I could not find a brick and mortar retailer who manages the delivery of in-stock product? Or is that not how tub sales work now?

I really need to find an alternative quickly, so I would appreciate any help!!

Comments (5)