SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
unununium_5a

Organic Method for Killing Grass and Weeds

Unununium
6 years ago
Hello

I am looking to till my backyard and replant grass. There are a few uneven spots so I definitely will till the yard, but am looking for suggestions on how to kill the weeds and grass before tilling and what to use other than Round up. Looking for something organic and if possible inexpensive. Of course, organic and inexpensive don't always go together.. I had really nice grass a year ago, but unfortunately I ended up with chinch bugs and didn't diagnose the problem in time. Now, the grass has died and I have a lot of weeds. I want to kill everything off first so the tilling doesn't just propagate what's there. It's the beginning of March in Chicago, so I'm thinking I'll have to wait a bit as applying anything at this point won't have an affect. Does anyone have suggestions on products or ideas that will be effective? I am wanting to start early, so I can till and get the grass seed in early before it warms up too much, but am guessing I'll have to be patient, wait for the grass/weeds to start growing before I attempt to kill them off.

Thank you for any advice

Comments (8)