SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cac546

Way to fix this shower niche?

cac546
6 years ago
Building a custom house and somehow I missed the funky look of our master shower niches before they were tiled. Looking at the plans I figured out that it was done this way because the architect first drew the niches and then we later added in the window and the height of the niches was never adjusted so we ended up without a top to the niches. Completely my fault for not catching this before tile but now I'm wondering if anything can be done without a huge production.

Ideally I'd get rid of the post in the middle of the two niches but if that's not possible I wonder if there's anyway to create the top of the niche at this point?

I assume there's not really a practical way to fix this and we won't really notice it as much when we're moved in and there's shampoo, etc in the niches but this shower is GORGEOUS (pics don't do it justice) and would be completely perfect if it wasn't for the funky niche mishap.

It's a full mudset shower with proper waterproofing. The shower walls have liquid waterproofing over the mudset if that's relevant for determining our options.

This is the very first thing we haven't been completely thrilled with in our build (we know how lucky we are) and are completely fine to just live with it if that's the best solution.

Comments (19)