SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joeblfsk

El futuro looks promising,....!!!

jofus, ( Englewood, Fl zone 10a )
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Just thought I'd share a little bit of the enthusiasm and anticipation that spring bestows on us,...some years more than others, but for me, this spring looks particularly promising ! No sprawling plantation here like some of us have, - just a small 1/4 acre-shy rectangular lot. However, not complaining because over the last 10 yrs I have carefully planted just the right number of fruit trees to keep me moderately busy ! :) Am lucky tho, of all the 55 + mobile parks hereabouts, our's has the largest lots of them all !

This year's good vibes come mainly from my 12' x 36' raised bed banana plantation ! :)

A few pics will explain better than words :

The above pics show the situation right after Irma and the hard freeze we had for two nights in late January !

And now, after laboriously cutting off all the dead, brown leafs, etc,...and digging up ALL THE WEEDS by hand,...and adding lot's of fertilizer/manure/compost,... and lastly, just a few days ago, poured in a ton of fresh red mulch !!

These guys now are all bright & shiny, standing straight up like a Marine platoon at attention !! Just reaching towards the sky with gusto ! I swear, am seeing new growth on a daily basis,...well, almost !!!

Am hoping for at least four ( 4 ) vibrant flag leafs by April 1st !

Hey, Mother Nature, you are now warned ! No more storms, insane winds or overnight freezes till the late fall!!!

YOU HEAR ? Pleaseee ? :)

Comments (37)