SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ahiastate

Kitchen cabinet layout and design: what do you love or regret

ahiastate
6 years ago

Big decisions to be made in how to layout and design the kitchen cabinets for our remodel. If you wouldn't mind, please chime in about decisions you have made that make you think: "I'm so glad we did this!" or "Ugh, I wish we had done this differently." We haven't done a kitchen remodel in 25 years, so I'm sure there are lots of ideas out there that we haven't even thought of.

Some things I am thinking of: a. hooray to finally be able to have deep drawers for pots and pans (versus the swinging cabinet door/ shelf option). b. should I consider a hole in the island countertop to easily scrape food scraps from prepping into for composting? Or what's the best way to deal with this? c. should we build cabinets all the way to the ceiling, and use those top-most, hard-to-reach shelves for storage of rarely used items? d. our island will be big with lots of storage capacity underneath, what's best to put there (and thus design storage accordingly) e. I think I still want lazy susan shelves in the corner lower cabinets, is there any reason not to, (that I don't know about) in the new modern kitchen world? :)

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Comments (37)