SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mshutterbug

Need help finalizing kitchen layout please! Stuck on uppers vs none

mshutterbug
6 years ago

Well, the contractor is hired and will be starting next month. I've looked at countless layout options and I feel good about this. I know what the recommended clearances are and I know from experience that these work for us. My one hesitation to putting an island in here is that the current layout has the island between the sink and the fridge. In my remodel, as you can see, I will have a path from fridge to sink.

My biggest question is whether I want any upper cabinets. Contractor kind of looked at me sideways when I mentioned maybe going with just a shelf to the left of sink and to the left of range. (I've worked with him before, and he's already said he's cool with whatever I want to do lol.) I think that I will have enough space for everything without any uppers on that side of kitchen. However, I do like the idea of some uppers near the range because that's where I currently keep our supplements, and the blender will stay on that counter, which makes it all very convenient. But I like the LOOK of it being really open. I'm including a link to my ideabook, but I have no idea if it will work. https://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/91998185/thumbs/no-upper-kitchen-cabinets

Anyway, here's the layout and some imperfect ikea renderings.

Overall layout plan

Detail of sink wall and range wall

Detail of fridge wall

Ikea pics

Use your imagination lol... a shelf or a piece of art there.

Thoughts??

Comments (83)