SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tubless

OUTRAGE

Georgysmom
6 years ago

Whenever there is a shooting, there is immediate outrage against the NRA and against guns. First, let me say I don't own a gun, do not wish to own a gun and think there is absolutely no reason for automatic weapons except for military and police. That being said, I want to know where is the outrage against the movie industry, the video game industry, the music video industry and the television industry. Kids today are surrounded by violence. They sit in their rooms and play violent video games or listen to violent lyrics in music videos, watch violent movies on T.V. and in the theater. I never hear any outrage about these things. No law passed is going to prevent the wrong person from getting their hands on a gun but perhaps, just perhaps, if we weren't surrounded by so much violence, fewer people would be programmed to think this way. I might add that maybe if the news media didn't spend 24/7 covering these stories there might be fewer people filled with these atrocious ideas. I know bringing back Father Knows Best, Leave it to Beaver and Singing in the Rain is not going to help any, but I do think filling young minds with so much violence is not a good thing.

Comments (41)