SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
steph_mccormack

Replacing bathroom vanity countertops.

Steph McCormack
6 years ago

I have a single sink vanity in the bathroom off our master bedroom (which unfortunately is not a master bath) and another single sink vanity (a few inches bigger) in our master bedroom. We are looking to keep the cabinets but replace the counter tops. We have the faucet and above-counter sink in mind. Those would require two cuts on each countertop: one for the faucet and one for the drain. For a visual of the idea here is the sink and the faucet listing on amazon, its the white rectangle sink and the brushed nickel faucet (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018S1Q0VU/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3SE6K3TNDHAFT&psc=1).

We are new to do the DIY world of home improvements but we're fearless and love to learn, so beat with me if I lack knowledge of terminology, I like to make up for that with a detailed explanation! So the vanity inside the bathroom is in a corner and touches two walls: the back and right side wall. The vanity in the master bedroom touches three walls: the left and back wall and a right half wall. So I think we will require the backsplash that matches the countertops for the sides and back of the counters.

So, I'm here trying to find the best route to accomplish this DIY. We live south of Denver, CO and would like to install it ourselves to keep costs down. In addition to keeping costs down, I've been advised to check out remnant yards of stores that sell/install countertops since we don't need entire pieces like that of a large kitchen counter. Since these two vanities are separate but relate to the same bathroom, I am keeping the consistency across the two. We are not set on the color or the exact rock, so we are open.

Please feel free to share any advice you may have! Again, we are inexperienced but everyone has to start somewhere and we are eager! I will post pictures and measurements of the vanities when I get the chance! Thanks in advance!

Comment