SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
javiwa

Need help with bathroom vanity - x-post with Bathrooms

javiwa
6 years ago

Hi, all. If you folks have nothing better to do, would love some help with my mom's bathroom project. I posted to Bathrooms, but the post is only intermittently showing up when I click on that forum. I'm visiting her in CA this week, so my time is limited (otherwise, I'd just stick around, order RTA and assemble a vanity myself!).

-------

My brother has hired someone to redo my mom's small bathroom (total gut), and he's asked me to source just about everything. The guy he's hired will install the vanity and top, but it sounds like RTA is out of the question. So, we're stuck purchasing something pre-assembled.

This is the current vanity in place -- standard 48" cabinet w/ top + 4" back/side splashes:

After many hours of searching and dragging my elderly mom all over town, we settled on this dark grey unit from Lowes (Allen + Roth Roveland):

Despite my warning about carrara marble, Mom really loves the surface. And she finds a white quartz too glaring.

I'm sure all of you keen-eye folks have instantly spotted what I didn't until the next day: we need a cabinet that will be installed flush with the left wall.

There are vanities all over the internet. If anyone has ordered over the internet and can recommend a company or brand, I'd greatly appreciate that advice. I realize we may end up with MDF, and that's fine. We just want to make sure the joinery is decent, the drawers and doors align (and open/close) properly, and that paint/varnish finish is decent. The configuration of drawers flanking center sink is perfect. Real top drawers are a must, so my mom doesn't have to bend to open a drawer.

Thanks, all!

Comments (13)