SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gobruno_gw

Help choose: bold or neutral basement bathroom shower (x-post)

gobruno
14 years ago

Hi all,

We are coming down to the final choices in planning our new construction home, and we were on the fence about the basement tile shower surround. I was wondering which option you would go with: bold and colorful or neutral? Since it's a basement bathroom, I kind of wanted to do something more fun, but I didn't want it to be completely wacky and out of place for the house. The house is a cedar shake style house, and all the other bathrooms in the house have white subway tile surrounds, except for the master, which has travertine. So, the house is pretty neutral. Below is what I was thinking for the basement:

Too crazy? Will I regret this? Even though the shower would have bold tile colors, the rest of the bathroom would be pretty netural. The floors are a neutral (brownish) scored and stained concrete, the trim in the house is all painted white, the vanity would be a shaker style cherry with either a solid white marble (no veining) or cream top and white undermount sink.

Our other option is to go with a very neutral ceramic tile that has the look of travertine, which obviously is much safer.

Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: bold shower

Comments (5)