SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
remodelfla

Help with bathroom needed... X-post

remodelfla
12 years ago

Cross posting from bathrooms:

I"m starting to plan the redo for our postage stamp sized master bath. It's the last of the gut/remodel jobs in our house. I'm going to live with the size and since it's so small, it doesn't pay to move anything cause it won't net me any benefit. The advice I need is all about finishes... or more specifically tile. I have everything else already. I will refinish/paint this old dry sink that I deconstructed for our vanity:

I will paint it the color of my bedroom set:

My sink fits exactly on top of the vanity:SINK

Here is my light:

So... it's obvious I'm running along a Cape Cod/Nantucket kind of thing...but I don't want it "themey". I decided to do beadboard on the lower half or so of the wall and a blueish/green above. The whole tranquil vibe. I'm thinking of doing glass running up above the sink and in the shower. Some kind of aqua colors. I can't decide on flooring. I know that marble pinwheel kind of thing would go great... it just seems so "expected". I don't know that I want that. I also thought I'd do only the large wall in the shower (32"x5 approx) the brighter glass. Along these lines:

{{gwi:1492169}}

I'm a little concerned about the wear of all glass in the shower. I thought about marble ming green combo, but don't want anything I have to seal/reseal. I'm all about low maintance but don't want to be bland. So... HELP ME?! Any ideas I haven't already spent hours cyber searching on?

Comments (3)