SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

Baking and more baking

annie1992
6 years ago

We had a thaw last week, but now it's cold here again, and when it gets cold, I bake. Some genetic programming in Michigan girls I think. (grin)

I mentioned on another thread that I'm baking cookies for a local benefit, so far I have 16 dozen chocolate chip and 12 dozen oatmeal scotchies in the freezer to be baked the day before the benefit dinner. Of course, I had to "test" some, first the chocolate chip:

Then the oatmeal:

Elery and I both agreed that we liked the oatmeal better, but both were good. I mean, after all, they're cookies!

Some ripe bananas needed to be used, so I made muffins and glazed them with a caramel glaze, these were for breakfast on Saturday:

I decided to experiment with some gluten free shortbread, which was OK, but it was a lot better after I gave it a caramel layer and some dark chocolate ganache!

And just so everything wasn't sweet, I made a Harvest Wheat loaf, studded with dried cranberries, dried cherries and pecans. This stuff is seriously awesome toasted, although the dried fruit gets too crispy if you toast it too long.

I also baked a ham, some baked beans and a loaf of beer bread. If it's cold, I gotta bake. Tomorrow it's going to be either naan or pita bread, to go with some lamb gyro meat I have marinating for Elery

Does anyone else do this when it gets cold? Cold being a matter of perspective, of course...

Annie

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths